Women's Football

shull

For most of that match my eyes were bleeding. They are so frustrating to watch. The front players have loads of technical ability, but no strength or pace. The players are the back are just hopeless. Without Claire Emslie the team were really missing a cutting edge as well. Then you get to that extraordinary period towards the end of the game where I presume Scotlands fitness just showed. 

3 minutes ago, StuD said:

For most of that match my eyes were bleeding. They are so frustrating to watch. The front players have loads of technical ability, but no strength or pace. The players are the back are just hopeless. Without Claire Emslie the team were really missing a cutting edge as well. Then you get to that extraordinary period towards the end of the game where I presume Scotlands fitness just showed. 

A wee bit harsh on Erin Cuthbert. Strong, skilful and committed. A little bit more composure would help right enough.

2 hours ago, StuD said:

Just seen the goals.....................why are most woman goalies absolutely shite? :lol:

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

A wee bit harsh on Erin Cuthbert. Strong, skilful and committed. A little bit more composure would help right enough.

Ach she had some nice touches, but anytime I watch the Scottish Womans team it's Claire Emsley that stands out a mile. She's the only one with pace, power and a decent shot. 

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just seen the goals.....................why are most woman goalies absolutely shite? :lol:

Yep got to agree with that. Yet when the US Womans team was at the peak of their powers a few years back they had a goalie called Hope Solo who could have graced any Scottish senior mens team and have been a stand out, never mind just been able to hold her own. She really was a fantastic goalkeeper and crazy with it. She was arrested for assaulting her 6'9" tall nephew, although she claimed she had been acting in self defence. She was capped 202 times - over 100 international shut outs - for the US and really didn't take it well when she was finally dropped at the age of 36 after making a couple of mistakes against Columbia at the 2016 Olympics.

You'd think with a role model like that more woman would have worked on their goalkeeping ability. 

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...