Alan Stubbs Must Go

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Of course they don' like him. May I suggest you watch an interview with Alan on you tube covering his whole career.  

Which one?

There are so many.

I may not have the time.

I might need to cut my grass this weekend.

35 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

Which one?

There are so many.

I may not have the time.

I might need to cut my grass this weekend.

Wish I could cut the grass this weekend but work it is. I think when we hear what Alan has to say then a good few signings come in spirit's will lift. Remember don't cut the grass too short :P

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Is this dud still here? No wins, no signings, no goals, no points on the board, no press conference, no photo in a club tie, no posing with arms folded in front of the ‘SMFC’ seats, no request for SMiSA cash, no recognition of the drumming and singing section.

Time to get rid.

Edited by pozbaird

Is this dud still here? No wins, no signings, no goals, no points on the board, no press conference, no photo in a club tie, no posing with arms folded in front of the ‘SMFC’ seats, no request for SMiSA cash, no recognition of the drumming and singing section.
Time to get rid.

No having been spotted in Asda ! [emoji57]

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Of course they don' like him. May I suggest you watch an interview with Alan on you tube covering his whole career.  

Why? I know pretty much his whole career. Watching a video going to change his poor managerial record?

My point was simply their dislike is pretty massive. Reminds me of St Mirren fans and Alex Rae or Tommy Craig. 

20 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Why? I know pretty much his whole career. Watching a video going to change his poor managerial record?

My point was simply their dislike is pretty massive. Reminds me of St Mirren fans and Alex Rae or Tommy Craig. 

He was there for all of two months and they won one game. They are hardly likely to be gushing over his stint in charge.

To be blunt, I couldn't give a flying f**k what Rotherham supporters think of him. It matters not a jot to me that this chapter of his managerial career was shambolic. Hibs fan generally hold him in higher esteem. While that's all very nice, again, it really isn't particularly relevant. What matters is what starts today.

We could choose to dwell on the past, trawling about for reasons to be negative about this appointment, and for signs that would suggest a poor prognosis. What would be the point of that, though? Will it make us feel good? Will it make it more likely that Stubbs will be a success? I hardly think so.

Edited by Drew

1 hour ago, Drew said:

He was there for all of two months and they won one game. They are hardly likely to be gushing over his stint in charge.

To be blunt, I couldn't give a flying f**k what Rotherham supporters think of him. It matters not a jot to me that this chapter of his managerial career was shambolic. Hibs fan generally hold him in higher esteem. While that's all very nice, again, it really isn't particularly relevant. What matters is what starts today.

We could choose to dwell on the past, trawling about for reasons to be negative about this appointment, and for signs that would suggest a poor prognosis. What would be the point of that, though? Will it make us feel good? Will it make it more likely that Stubbs will be a success? I hardly think so.

I hope Stubbs does well, i’ll Get behind him and back the team and give him a chance like any other manager.

But fans are allowed to feel a bit gutted and deflated at an appointment. Some of the names being linked filled me with genuine excitement. Now we’ve given a three year contract to someone who (based on previous jobs) is more likely to fail than succeed. The comments from their fans reminded me immediately if Alex Rae. I just hope we haven’t saddled ourself with someone else like that  

I’m sorry you might not agree but people can express opinions.  

7 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Can you come round and do mine when you're finished? (when I say "do mine", I mean "cut my grass" - feck, even that could be taken more than one way - shit, so could that - I'll stop now.)

Some 40 years ago I was selling to a very attractive grocery buyer at Associated Dairies.

Having finished my pitch I left her office and met the W.D. & H.O. Wills sales guy on his way in and I mentioned to him how attractive she was.

He said, with a smile "I hope you're no thinking of cutting my grass big man?" 

I had never heard the expression before, and my puzzled faced replied, "I don't even know where you live".

He probably thought I was smoking something different from the baccy he was selling.

13 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

First thing he should dae is ban aw those who post on this forum fae StMirren Park as they are aw a bunch o no hopers except shull and Ricky and Oban man. If oaksaft hud his wi they wid a hav been terminated before birth. Some real weirdo cranks on here masquerading as Saints fans. Gi the new man support and Drew should be banned twice fur starting this thread, and made tae watch Morton every week til he's deed. There....sorted!

Aye wi We Eck, Fat Bob and Soapy, but youll no be appy cause they a pinched yer bucket ta stun on tae see the gamie :whistle

On Thursday, June 07, 2018 at 8:36 PM, jaybee said:

You do realise Ricky will NEVER .........EVER forgive you EVER :thumbs2

Oh I will. Drew doesn't normally act as cag handed as this. Usually quite a sensible fella. Not this time though. Just my opinion. 

17 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

First thing he should dae is ban aw those who post on this forum fae StMirren Park as they are aw a bunch o no hopers except shull and Ricky and Oban man. If oaksaft hud his wi they wid a hav been terminated before birth. Some real weirdo cranks on here masquerading as Saints fans. Gi the new man support and Drew should be banned twice fur starting this thread, and made tae watch Morton every week til he's deed. There....sorted!

Hiya Shull! Hiya pal! :byebye

On 6/8/2018 at 9:23 AM, Slartibartfast said:

Really?  How many points do you get for having the right opinion?  Three points for having the right opinion, no points for having the wrong opinion and one point for saying "Meh!"?

Been trying to tell that to the badly webmaster for quite a long time now.....

I can't understand why there have been so many (usually sensible) regular posters on B&WA offering damning, negative opinions about the Stubbs' appointment since the minute it was confirmed.

His managerial record has been a mix of good and bad but isn't that the norm ? How many high profile managers have gone through their entire career without a single setback ? Pep Guardiola maybe, but he didn't apply for our vacancy as far as I'm aware. Even Fergie struggled for a few seasons at Man Utd.

Before making a judgment on Stubbs appointment I think it is only fair to see the standard of player he offers contracts to. And the style of play he wants St Mirren to play. And how successful the team are on the park. And where we find ourselves in the league. 

Just my opinion of course.