Welcome to the best club in the universe.

some of the apprehension is maybe just because Jack was so successful and the prospects under him looked good. If Stubbs had been appointed right after Tommy Craig    or Murray we would be celebrating his arrival with widespread enthusiasm.

let’s get right behind him and see who he brings in to strengthen our squad. I personally can’t wait for the new season COYS!!!!

Just now, bigjerseybuddie said:

Welcome to the best club in the universe.

some of the apprehension is maybe just because Jack was so successful and the prospects under him looked good. If Stubbs had been appointed right after Tommy Craig    or Murray we would be celebrating his arrival with widespread enthusiasm.

let’s get right behind him and see who he brings in to strengthen our squad. I personally can’t wait for the new season COYS!!!!

Hear, hear!

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Welcome to the Saints Alan. Ignore all the negative people on here, that's what we do. COYS. 

23 minutes ago, billyg said:

I don't want to believe it , going back to bed for an hour , when I wake up maybe it won't have really happened !

See what I mean! 

Pretty happy with this appointment. Should have good contacts for bringing players in, which he’s hopefully all over right now. Any word on his backroom staff? I’m presuming who he’ll bring in to help him will have been a major focus in his interview. Welcome to Paisley Stubsy and hopefully you can take us to the next level.

Welcome aboard etc.

He must be good at interviews so there’s that. And he’s won the Scottish cup too.

Might be a decent appointment, only one way to find out. Wait and see.

As for next season 10th would be a success. We’ve lost our two best players and our manager and we’re already behind most of our other rivals in terms of planning for next season.

Just now, Big Yards said:

Is Reilly not signing his contract? 

I would imagine that Stubbs would now want to bring in some of his old pals , and the likes of Reilly would have his offer withdrawn , it's been on the table long enough anyway imo !

Guest TPAFKATS
I would imagine that Stubbs would now want to bring in some of his old pals , and the likes of Reilly would have his offer withdrawn , it's been on the table long enough anyway imo !
Not sure about the old pals act, time will tell.
Agree that Reilly should get a very tight deadline for his deal.

Sent from my phone using sausage fingers

I am not hugely excited about this appointment but not hugely disappointed either. Realistically who is out there availible who is a better choice ? it would not matter who was appointed there would have been some of us unhappy. He has to get in here asap and start getting the squad assembled quickly.  Its going to be interesting to see the calibre of player we will be signing. Good luck alan and welcome just hope we start the season well to keep the feel good factor alive.