Irn Bru Scottish Challenge Cup

6 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I don't mind the teams from the top leagues of Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland competing with the Championship, 1st and 2nd division teams. But not the 5th tier of England or the "colt" teams.

I've more trouble with the "colt" teams to be honest Cockles. The idea seems to be to develop a British Cup Competition in which our teams below the Premiership compete. I would have preferred teams from the 4th tier 

The addition of the Irish/NI and Welsh teams added a bit of variety  - so I was happy enough with that

U20s was a step too far but if it had to come in - as a means to give experience to younger players then it should have been based on actual U20 team performance and not just handed out to the top league U20 teams  

Non league English teams joining up is just a joke - and a bad one at that.

I have always personally treated this abomination of a diddy cup with complete and utter disdain. I have never attended a match in it that required me to part with money, never been to our finals, never gave much of a shit when we won. The one diddy cup game I have attended was when we shoved it onto our STs. I simply wanted us to be elimanated as quickly as possible every year, to allow our team to play in proper competitions. Then we get Irish and Welsh diddies, cnuty colts, and now absolutely 5th rate English shit.

Someone, in the name of God, kick Doncaster’s baws into the middle of next week.

I appreciate not many will share my view... ‘it’s a trophy, we should want St Mirren to win everything they enter, the finals were great days, especially for younger fans who never saw Fergie’s Furies, or 1987, or when we were 3rd in the league and in Europe’... fair enough.

However, I am not a younger fan. I did see Fergie’s Furies. I was at Hampden in 1987, and I did see us finish 3rd and take on Europe, so excuse me for this, but my view is fcuk this piece of shit with all the venom I can muster.

:)

Edited by pozbaird

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2018 at 5:09 PM, pozbaird said:

I have always personally treated this abomination of a diddy cup with complete and utter disdain. I have never attended a match in it that required me to part with money, never been to our finals, never gave much of a shit when we won. The one diddy cup game I have attended was when we shoved it onto our STs. I simply wanted us to be elimanated as quickly as possible every year, to allow our team to play in proper competitions. Then we get Irish and Welsh diddies, cnuty colts, and now absolutely 5th rate English shit.

Someone, in the name of God, kick Doncaster’s baws into the middle of next week.

I appreciate not many will share my view... ‘it’s a trophy, we should want St Mirren to win everything they enter, the finals were great days, especially for younger fans who never saw Fergie’s Furies, or 1987, or when we were 3rd in the league and in Europe’... fair enough.

However, I am not a younger fan. I did see Fergie’s Furies. I was at Hampden in 1987, and I did see us finish 3rd and take on Europe, so excuse me for this, but my view is fcuk this piece of shit with all the venom I can muster.

:)

And just wait for that “5th rate English shit” to spank many a team and probably win the cup.

• 2 years later...