Alan's first signings

16 minutes ago, Stu said:

The right noises is being made sounds like there are certain player / players who don't pull their weight. That should keep posters going for the next few weeks :rolleyes:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Quite the motivational man manager:ph34r:

He is "The Boss" and making it clear from the start.  They all know where they stand.  That's fair. In a look back it was our previous manager who ditched a number at end of season. 

The right noises is being made sounds like there are certain player / players who don't pull their weight. That should keep posters going for the next few weeks :rolleyes:
Spoiler  

He didn’t say that from what I read. He hasn’t even seen them in training yet.

All he said was that he didn’t think some of the players were good enough.

It’s a shame that you are casting aspersions on Stubbs and the squad already.

11 hours ago, Hendo said:

If rumours are to be believed, what Jackson brings to the party is a very large carry out, an unhealthy interest in his friends wife and feelings of guilt and shame the next morning. 

Sounds like a large percentage of forum posters.  Myself excluded of course. :)

31 minutes ago, zico said:

Beat me to it - the headline bears little (if any) relevance to Stubbsy’s comments and that was before IOBS added his spin.

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 minutes ago, zico said:

He has said it from the off day one. To me it sounds like he has had feedback. Of course I could be writting bollox it could be  players come in and work hard. 

15 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He has said it from the off day one. To me it sounds like he has had feedback. Of course I could be writting bollox it could be  players come in and work hard. 

I'd like to think any new manager would at least like to see a player in the flesh training (at the worst) before making a decision. He hasn't so he can't and there is no way he will be relying on hear say if he is in anyway competent.

More boo boy bashing of Stubbs and the squad!

Can you provide a link to where Stubbs said that some of the players weren’t pulling their weight?

I agree with the first 7 words of your third sentence though. [emoji12]

He's saying areas of the team need strengthened, which I don't think anyone would argue with. And I'm sure we could all name players in the squad who we don't think are good enough, some of whom were reduced to a bit part role the longer last season went on. It's now up to them to prove they deserve a shot in a higher league.

Main reason I posted that link was for his comments about having to wait for some signings, not all, and that some may be loan signings but not too many. In other words it's the same as any other transfer window.

Now if someone could have a word with him to start referring to the club he manages as "we" rather than "they" that would be grand.

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I'd like to think any new manager would at least like to see a player in the flesh training (at the worst) before making a decision. He hasn't so he can't and there is no way he will be relying on hear say if he is in anyway competent.

That's why he said ( everyone ) will have a chance to prove themselves. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Quite the motivational man manager:ph34r:

41 minutes ago, zico said:

Yes. Here are Stubbs' comments in full from that article:

“When I look at our squad, I’ve got to admit that there are a number of areas I need to improve and that’s not saying anything against the players who are here but, when it comes to strength in depth, I need to raise the level, raise the bar,” said Stubbs.

“That’s something that I’m actively doing already. I’m looking to bring players here and some of them will take a little longer than others because teams down south report back later.

“I’m trying to explore bringing in players from the under-23 teams of Premier League clubs. It’ll be great to watch the World Cup in the coming weeks but, in terms of our planning, it’s not great. As a result, I may need to be patient in order to get a couple of the targets I have in mind over the line.

“Some of them will be loan deals but I don’t want to do too many because I want to try and build a team here. However, if loan signings can significantly improve the squad then I’d be prepared to go for them.

“There’s no denying it’s a big step up. I've spoken to Jack and we bounced ideas off each other. He can help me here and I can pass on my knowledge of League One. It won’t be the last time I speak to him.”

Does anyone on this forum disagree with a single word of his appraisal of our squad as a whole? He is talking ab out adding quality and depth, which is precisely what we need. I bet all the players agree as well - they don't want to be part of a thin, struggling squad this season.

The article also chucks in a weird line about Ralston which doesn't reflect the quotes:

St Mirren do at least have a training ground but Stubbs is not the first in the manager’s chair to find fault with the facilities at Ralston.

Actual quotes from Stubbs:

Speaking about the training ground, Stubbs said: “I had a look on Monday and there’s definitely room for improvement there, things that can be worked on.

“The facilities are there to allow us what we need to do and, importantly, the pitches are excellent because we’ll be spending most of our time on the grass. It’ll be good to get a week’s training in before we go to La Manga.

"The players will enjoy the sunshine but it’s going to be tough for them out there.”

Aye, he's f**king scathing, right enough. <_<

Who is this Neil Cameron character and can we look forward to more of his journalistic 'insight' now we're in the top flight?

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

He's saying areas of the team need strengthened, which I don't think anyone would argue with. And I'm sure we could all name players in the squad who we don't think are good enough, some of whom were reduced to a bit part role the longer the season went on. It's now up to them to prove they deserve a shot.

Main reason I posted that link was for his comments about having to wait for some signings, not all, and that some may be loan signings but not too many. In other words it's the same as any other transfer window.

Now if someone could have a word with him to start referring to the club he manages as "we" rather than "they" that would be grand.

........and stop referring to Hibs     :shockaroony

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The right noises is being made sounds like there are certain player / players who don't pull their weight.

Reveal hidden contents

How on earth could he have reached that conclusion when they haven't even returned for pre-season training yet?

Of course there are areas of the squad that need strengthened. Indeed, there are no areas that don't!

I do, however, think that Stubbs needs to be a bit more cautious in his early fencing exchanges with our friends in the media. Don't give them too much scope to twist and spin.

“When I look at our squad, I’ve got to admit that there are a number of areas I need to improve and that’s not saying anything against the players who are here but, when it comes to strength in depth, I need to raise the level, raise the bar,” 

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Journalist writes article with headline bearing no relation to content of manager's quotes.

Fans react to the meaningless headline...

The Journalist doesnt choose the headline unfortunately. What The Boss said was spot on in my opinion. He hasn't condemned any player whist acknowledging what we all know that the squad needs more strength in depth. He has however made it clear that the present players have to show HIM that they are up to the job and want to play for him or  be shipped out sooner, rather than later. Clear and fair all around.

10 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Journalist writes article with headline bearing no relation to content of manager's quotes.

Fans react to the meaningless headline...

Aye, aye, point taken. The hair shirt is on:toilet