Alan's first signings

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

No comment on the managerless bit Zico but Halkett was a player I would have liked. 

On signings in general I agree with AS that we need 2 good players for each position in order to build competitive squad and said so a few days ago on here. 

If it takes time to get the right people,  it takes time. 

Agree about Halkett, plus he is the only Livi defender who isn't on a register of some sort, which is a bonus. 

Ah well, hopefully better signings to come. 

4 hours ago, div said:

In a good way bud B)

Good things come to those who wait.

This can only mean one thing.

I await seeing the likes of Lewandowski, Rakitic, three Iranians, De Gea, Ramon Torres and Iniesta all announcing they are joining Saints when their respective countries have been knocked out of the World Cup :D

That being said I don't trust your last statement. Morton fans have been waiting since 1922 to win a decent trophy...

9 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I await seeing the likes of Lewandowski, Rakitic, three Iranians, De Gea, Ramon Torres and Iniesta all announcing they are joining Saints when their respective countries have been knocked out of the World Cup :D

If they have been knocked out of the World Cup, they're not good enough for us. :P 

Just now, pod said:

If they have been knocked out of the World Cup, they're not good enough for us. :P 

Team game pod. Individually brilliant but it's a team of XI who wins it (unless you are Maradona but he's past his best now, don't think he'd be a good signing).  Put these individuals together under the guidance of Stubbs and the treble will be ours :D

Not too fussed regarding Halkett.

Decent player, but as yet, not proven at top level.He may have the potential, but with Baird and an injury prone McKenzie as our current CH options, we need experience, not potential.

We need a couple of CH's who have performed at a higher level than the championship.

Looking forward to a Miller/Stokes forward partnership.

Edited by FTOF

Aberdeen have offered him terms with Hibs and Motherwell interested.  For me he is a work horse who can score goals. Personally I thought he was right to stand up and be counted when his team were not performing it shows passion. He has not undermined manager's before in his loooog career. 

Let us not forget our very own Jack Ross' part in the 2010 Cup Final dilemma, the mark of a leader and winner is standing up for himself and his teammates.

4 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Let us not forget our very own Jack Ross' part in the 2010 Cup Final dilemma, the mark of a leader and winner is standing up for himself and his teammates.

Correct,  personally I have never been critical of that I seen it as a internal subject. Could not have been that bad he went on to become our manager. 

30 minutes ago, Ethan said:

If Stokes knuckles down then he would be a decent striker. However i think he is just training with us and will move on elsewhere. 

Stokes will be 30 next month. This must be his last chance to screw the nut. 

12 minutes ago, munoz said:

Stokes will be 30 next month. This must be his last chance to screw the nut

I think that you'd have to be very optimistic to think that he's capable of that. The realist in me believes that he's incapable of a sustained period of "normal" behaviour.

Maybe he'll respond to Stubbs better than other managers. It would be great if he did, as a fit and focussed Stokes would undoubtedly be an upgrade on our strikers compared to last season.

Although there is the small matter of his 18 month contract from his current club.

Edited by FTOF

19 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I think that you'd have to be very optimistic to think that he's capable of that. The realist in me believes that he's incapable of a sustained period of "normal" behaviour.

Maybe he'll respond to Stubbs better than other managers. It would be great if he did, as a fit and focussed Stokes would undoubtedly be an upgrade on our strikers compared to last season.

Although there is the small matter of his 18 month contract from his current club.

I'm as doubtful as yourself.  

Were his current club not trying to find a way of ditching him?

This is not what I wanted to hear when Stubbs came in. Exciting new players he said. a 39 year old and a guy who fights with Elvis outside pubs is not the image I wanted for the club. So that's a guy who was a problem for his last manager in the dressing and a guy who went AWOL from his last club. NO THANKS MR STUBBS.

2 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

This is not what I wanted to hear when Stubbs came in. Exciting new players he said. a 39 year old and a guy who fights with Elvis outside pubs is not the image I wanted for the club. So that's a guy who was a problem for his last manager in the dressing and a guy who went AWOL from his last club. NO THANKS MR STUBBS.

I'd give him a chance if he promises to roll about the deck with our Elvis!

Agreed.

Neither should be anywhere near our club, potentially too disruptive.

I like Millers worth ethic however, always a grafter so oddly enough, ‘if’ ( we won’t ) we got either, I’d prefer Miller.