Alan's first signings

15 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_King_(footballer)     

3 games for Bolton everything else non league

On 19 April 2016, King was charged by the FA with misconduct under Rule E3, allegedly using abusive, race-related language in a match played on 5 December 2015 whilst still at previous club Ashton United. He was subsequently suspended for five matches, fined £100 and ordered to complete an FA equality course.[17]

10/10 for being able to cut and paste.:thumbsup

47 minutes ago, shull said:

Sad to see lenziebud giving up after getting a pounding from the pathetic Posse. 

He was just giving an honest opinion. 

lenziebud  isn't getting pounded by a posse, just a lot of posters disagreeing with his view which he is entitled to post. Nothing more.

6 minutes ago, elvis said:

So it was necessary to go looking for dirt on the guy. 

Maybe someone will start a thread to abuse the guy throughout the season.

On the other hand, no true St.Mirren supporter could be that vindictive against an employee of the club..............................

Edited by FTOF

4 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Is the racist thing not to be mentioned then?

Probably not. It seems that its okay to post racist jokes on this forum then abuse anyone that pulls them up about it.

Im liking the business done by Stubbs so far.  I feared we would fill the team with journeymen SPL players who had failed eleswhere. AS appears to be building a squad and not just a team. I fully expect there to be some good loan signings and a couple of older heads to balance things out. I am pleased with how its going so far.

Ach well, you can't please all the people all the time.

Some folks will always look for something to whine about.

Racism is totally unacceptable, however, and if this lad is racist in any way, shape, or form whilst at our club, then he should be unceremoniously booted out on his arse.

He is still young, though, and whilst that is no excuse, it is to be hoped that he has learned from the rebuke and awareness input he received.

As for the general attitude on the part of some on here who seem keen to write off our latest acquisitions before they have even featured, it is pretty typical of a section of our support. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do. I hope they are ambitious and committed, and would rather see them getting a chance with us than the likes of Stokes and Miller.

Do you forget Saint Mirren fans were accused of being racist by Ruud Gullit in fact the worse he had ever been subjected to. So no better than the boy. 
No, I haven't forgotten that. Not that I think Gullit was correct. I think he mistook boos as being race related.
Anyhow, whether he was right or wrong, I dont see the relevance.

Are some of our 4000 fans racist? Probably. Same for every club.

I'm not getting on King's case from the get go here by the way. I just thought it was odd folk seemed unhappy with his racism towards fellow footballers being mentioned.

38 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Maybe someone will start a thread to abuse the guy throughout the season.

On the other hand, no true St.Mirren supporter could be that vindictive against an employee of the club..............................

Name names and show the actual abuse the employee received. 

37 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:
42 minutes ago, elvis said:
But what's it got to do with his ability to play. football

Obviously nothing. But for some of us the club is about more than winning games.

To some, for most, it's about winning games.   We shouldn't pre-judging our new recruits or at least make them feel welcomed.    

Edited by pod

10 hours ago, FTOF said:

Pleasantly surprised how matters are unfolding. Kudos to Mr Stubbs. A few experienced players blended with some youngsters and we'll be in our strongest position for years.

Got to agree with you FTOF. Two SPL experienced players and I would add a couple of loan signings and that would be good business. He has addressed a lack of height in the team and it looks like brought in more physicality.