Jack's Return!

Drew

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Hope the guy who came on here insisting they were “easily” in England’s top 10 big clubs comes up for the game. :D

I know they are in the third tier at the moment but honestly look at the support they have considering where they currently are, they really are a sleeping gist, don't kid yourself otherwise :)

Living down here and working in Durham I have first hand experience of how demotivated and generally sick of the situation the Sunderland fans are, I have friends who have had season tickets for most of their adult lives who didn't get them last season and who are only getting them this season in the hope that finally they can expect to win more than they lose. It is a serious state of affairs and no posturing by StuD that their kids will thrash our first team will hide the mess they are in. Looking forward to the game and seeing just how many mackems can be arsed making the trip up.

Sent from my P00C using Black & White Army mobile app

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Living down here and working in Durham I have first hand experience of how demotivated and generally sick of the situation the Sunderland fans are, I have friends who have had season tickets for most of their adult lives who didn't get them last season and who are only getting them this season in the hope that finally they can expect to win more than they lose. It is a serious state of affairs and no posturing by StuD that their kids will thrash our first team will hide the mess they are in. Looking forward to the game and seeing just how many mackems can be arsed making the trip up.

I can only guess you haven't talked to your "friends" in a couple of months. The optimism around the club - at least online - seems ridiculously over the top right now. Too much so for me, and without much foundation. It seems every decision to offload a player is being greeted as the start of a glorious new dawn. Season ticket sales are up almost 20% on last season, discount periods were extended. There has been some moves behind the scenes that shows the kind of stronger links with the clubs past and the community that the new owners promised, but there's been little on what players Jack Ross will be bringing in to boost his squad. I guess that is why Tony Coton was recruited yesterday as Head of Recruitment. 

Sunderland will thrash St Mirren though - no doubt about that. They could field their Under 18s and get a result. 

4 minutes ago, StuD said:

I can only guess you haven't talked to your "friends" in a couple of months. The optimism around the club - at least online - seems ridiculously over the top right now. Too much so for me, and without much foundation. It seems every decision to offload a player is being greeted as the start of a glorious new dawn. Season ticket sales are up almost 20% on last season, discount periods were extended. There has been some moves behind the scenes that shows the kind of stronger links with the clubs past and the community that the new owners promised, but there's been little on what players Jack Ross will be bringing in to boost his squad. I guess that is why Tony Coton was recruited yesterday as Head of Recruitment. 

Sunderland will thrash St Mirren though - no doubt about that. They could field their Under 18s and get a result. 

Serious question. Are you a regular on any Sunderland fan forum, and if so, are you an irritating pain in the arse on there too? :lol:

7 minutes ago, StuD said:

Serious question......when did you last watch Sunderland or their U18s?

I did indicate that my "friends" as you put it have got season tickets for this year and there is an optimism that they have reached a level they can compete at, but putting out a team that will thrash as you say St Mirren won't disguise the amount of work required to rebuild the club, and to make it clear when I was unable to get home regularly to watch saints I had a season ticket for Sunderland along with my "friends" so I am not approaching this with any agenda unlike some.

27 minutes ago, HSS said:

Serious question......when did you last watch Sunderland or their U18s?

If you are talking about being there in person the last one was on the 27th of April at Craven Cottage when I was in London for a training course and stayed an extra night, before that was the 20th of January when I was down at the Stadium of Light to see them beat Hull 1-0.  I haven't seen the Under 18's play, but the Under 23's matches are quite easy to find on the internet. The Under 23's made it to the final of the Premier League Cup last year losing to Porto. 

8 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I did indicate that my "friends" as you put it have got season tickets for this year and there is an optimism that they have reached a level they can compete at, but putting out a team that will thrash as you say St Mirren won't disguise the amount of work required to rebuild the club, and to make it clear when I was unable to get home regularly to watch saints I had a season ticket for Sunderland along with my "friends" so I am not approaching this with any agenda unlike some.

Ofcourse you are. Your agenda is to rubbish Sunderland - which is fair enough since you are a Newcastle fan. 

I'm the one with no agenda. Sunderland have been my team since I was three years old. I've also followed St Mirren since I was 7. No-one needs to tell me the mentality of the support last season at either club, and I certainly don't need any lessons on how big a task Sunderlands new board will have on their hands getting the club to reach it's full potential. Regardless though, Sunderlands kids should have it in them to thrash St Mirren in a canter. That's not posturing, that's a simple prediction. 

23 hours ago, paul torfason said:

Il b wearing my Newcastle top for this,and if cold,my Newcastle fleece,the one a bought down there when toon gubbed Barnsley 7-0 last game of championship season,Ps might have been 6-0,but absolute hammering giving out and a good day was had by all

I'm all ready already!

20180612_182424.jpg

Edited by stlucifer

Are St Mirren sure this fixture is happening? After all it wouldn't be the first time St Mirren officials made an announcement that showed they didn't really have a clue what Sunderland were up to. 

Sunderland announced three of their pre season fixtures to the press this morning. Darlington, Hartlepool and Grimsby. No mention of St Mirren. Are St MIrren sure that Jack Ross isn't sending up the womens team? That match might give St Mirren a better chance of keeping the score down.