Darren Jackson Head Coach

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I was told about it at the weekend at a dinner party but I didn't want to share it after the abuse I got for revealing the reason Robbie Neilson knocked the job back. 

Edited by StuD

Well who the hell are you to tell me I can't complain or comment?

You get your say, as you did in a shameful manner when you used the forum as a tool to attack employees of the club,  I get mine.

If you don't  like that arrangement, you don't need to leave, you just need to get used to it.

so let's have this list of employees. I'm not telling you anything. what I'm saying if your not happy you have a choice. that's it. don't read more into than there is.

8 minutes ago, StuD said:

I was told about it at the weekend at a dinner party but I didn't think want to share it after the abuse I got for revealing the reason Robbie Neilson knocked the job back. 

So what did the mad hatter tell you while Alice was gazing into the looking glass StuD?

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Which is fair enough but I think it's important to note that he's not in as assistant and so his role is greatly diminished from his previous spells at those clubs. 

Also, I'd rate Stubbs as a better manager than either Locke or McNamara.

To be fair, when Jackson left Utd in September 2015 there was no way back from relegation...

I know little of Jackson as a coach, but if he's who our manager wants, then it's his head on the line if he isn't good enough. I'll back him, in the same way I'm backing the manager. No point in being needlessly negative at this point. Or any point, but certainly not at this point.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I'm also baffled as to what the issue is with Jackson. Have I missed something?

Aye. Shuggie Murray’s testimonial sixes tourney at Braehead Arena. In a light-hearted fun tournament (where, from memory, an ageing John Collins was absolute class), Darren Jackson took the ball into a corner and tried to fend off opposition players with his arse. Time wasting in a testimonial sixes tourney. Miserable cnut celebrated and punched the air after he had managed to keep the ball wedged right in a corner for what felt like five minutes. Cnut got loudly booed.

Disgraceful. No place for this sort at the Twenny Simple Twenny Digital Wan Arena..... 

Welcome to St Mirren, Darren Jackson. Best wishes. :loveyou

56 minutes ago, renfrew said:

If the manager is getting this much stick for just signing a coach, the shit will really hit the pan when he reveal StuD is his assistant emoji41.png

He's not phoned me yet, but that doesn't mean it's not happening. I'm still waiting on John Kennedy being appointed as manager. 

3 minutes ago, StuD said:

He's not phoned me yet, but that doesn't mean it's not happening. I'm still waiting on John Kennedy being appointed as manager. 

And Jack Ross not being appointed the Sunderland manager. 

Stubbs must go

What an absolute bollocks of an appointment, i cant believe the board has sanctioned this appointment.    Hopefully this is just a bad rumour/dream.

There is always one, what’s your problem? They haven’t even started the job yet, ffs give them a chance.

1 hour ago, StuD said:

I was told about it at the weekend at a dinner party but I didn't want to share it after the abuse I got for revealing the reason Robbie Neilson knocked the job back. 

FFS, for the last time: eating a ten-piece bargain bucket alone in your underwear is  not a dinner party.

Guest TPAFKATS
FFS, for the last time: eating a ten-piece bargain bucket alone in your underwear is  not a dinner party.
Ugh. The Colonel's special batter would get everywhere...

1 hour ago, StuD said:

Yes, I remember that. You were sitting between Elon Musk and Howard Schultz when Ariana Rockerfeller mentioned Darren Jackson would be joining St Mirren.

1 minute ago, John Gotti said:

Yes, I remember that. You were sitting between Elon Musk and Howard Schultz when Ariana Rockerfeller mentioned Darren Jackson would be joining St Mirren.

I find all of this to be perfectly feasible other than the Darren Jackson joining St Mirren bit.

I don’t get the hostility towards Jackson. Yes I know he injured a buddie but if we ruled out every former player who had ever locked horns with Saints players we wouldn’t have much to choose from . IF and as it seems the Sun are the only ones running the  story it’s a big IF , he joins Saints I wish him every success.

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I don’t get the hostility towards Jackson. Yes I know he injured a buddie but if we ruled out every former player who had ever locked horns with Saints players we wouldn’t have much to choose from . IF and as it seems the Sun are the only ones running the  story it’s a big IF , he joins Saints I wish him every success.

There is hostility on here because some of the " fans" are grumpy old farts that just hate for no reason. Better suited to the Ugly sisters than Saints, but hey ho . Takes all sorts