Darren Jackson Head Coach

5 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

The only difference between this site and the facebook site is that the protagonists are at least revealed in FB whilst here they hide behind their nom de plumes ! :unsure:

Anyway none of this surprises me in that all these experts who berate either a managerial or coaching appointment are all full SFA approved coaches and they all have personal associations with the appointed person to the extent that they know every flaw that they have. They post in this fashion in order to be able to say 18 months down the line that they were right at the outset and that the Manager and the coach were crap and they knew it.

Life's too short! :mellow:

Never ceases to amaze me just how many of these some posters feel they need , perhaps one for each of their " personality's " because they even have their aliases respond to each other . .:blink:

33 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

The only difference between this site and the facebook site is that the protagonists are at least revealed in FB whilst here they hide behind their nom de plumes ! :unsure:

Anyway none of this surprises me in that all these experts who berate either a managerial or coaching appointment are all full SFA approved coaches and they all have personal associations with the appointed person to the extent that they know every flaw that they have. They post in this fashion in order to be able to say 18 months down the line that they were right at the outset and that the Manager and the coach were crap and they knew it.

Life's too short! :mellow:

I like the bit in bold.

I presume your parents were being particularly imaginative when they christened you as the original 59er?   Cos surely YOU don't have a nom de plume and are posting under your real name.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We had Abba , Murray, Goodwin nothing wrong with having a bit of grit in your team or another way to look at it is winners that will do me. 

Indeed.

The winner takes it all!

12 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I like the bit in bold.

I presume your parents were being particularly imaginative when they christened you as the original 59er?   Cos surely YOU don't have a nom de plume and are posting under your real name.

Indeed I am, and very astute parents they were!

Jamie Fowler had only 2 years experience of coaching when he joined us and I do not remember an outcry doubting his credentials. Jackson is more experienced as a coach and has recently been working at the SFA  and he knows Stubbs well. An international player, ex-agent with contacts North and South of the border. He may not do well with St Mirren but at least deserves a chance. Welcome aboard Darren - its a bumpy ride.

On the Subject of Jackson, I'm happy to reserve judgement. It would be harsh to judge a coach on a club's overall performance when the guy at the top wasn't up to much. There would have been no shortage of coaches who'd have been delighted to come in to a newly promoted club with a talented young squad, it's not a hard sell. To me, that means Stubbs would have had plenty of options and decided Jackson's the best man for the job.

Welcome to the Buddies Darren.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Jamie Fowler had only 2 years experience of coaching when he joined us and I do not remember an outcry doubting his credentials. Jackson is more experienced as a coach and has recently been working at the SFA  and he knows Stubbs well. An international player, ex-agent with contacts North and South of the border. He may not do well with St Mirren but at least deserves a chance. Welcome aboard Darren - its a bumpy ride.

I see he was big Thommo's agent too , so the Tomohawk must rate him. .

20 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Brian McPhee

John Martin

Jimmy Sandison

In fact Airdrie in the 1990s

Kevin McAllister 

McPhee was one who I had more respect for. Not the greatest of players always gave 100%, almost always took abuse from our support, but pretty much took it in good grace and can remember him joking and laughing with our fans and even applauding us (in a non sarky way)

16 hours ago, StuD said:

You've got to wonder about the conversation that took place recruiting Jackson though. Did Jackson not tell Stubbs that he wasn't the most popular man in Paisley? Did Tony Fitzpatrick or Gordon Scott not flag up a possible problem - after all both of them are supposed to be big St Mirren supporters aren't they?

Did you consider the possibility that GS, TF and AS are far too professional to allow one rash challenge committed years ago, to be sufficient rationale for not appointing someone that they otherwise consider to be suitable for the job? Just a thought.

10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Did you consider the possibility that GS, TF and AS are far too professional to allow one rash challenge committed years ago, to be sufficient rationale for not appointing someone that they otherwise consider to be suitable for the job? Just a thought.

Jersey- Oh I will be there in 2 weeks !!

Of course he didn't - The Black Death Dickson will of course crawl onto anything negative, then put his pointless views.....

You see last time I looked the BOD that appointed Jack and now Alan, do it for the good of the club THEY love.....

You see that's the major difference between a supporter and a pointless troll, who obviously has been banned from othersites so attacks us, and no doubt others....

Div - Must question why this  Stu D is allowed on here- Is it just entertainment? Its very downbeat and counterproductive, at every turn

Sure people can have their views, but his are not views they are just wind ups, lies, and slagging off the club I and others on here love....

Instead of a stupid Ricky Bin thread, who is clearly SMTID,  I am thinking of polling a  GTF poll for him . Just stop his access.................   

Edited by DougJamie

36 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Jersey- Oh I will be there in 2 weeks !!

Of course he didn't - The Black Death Dickson will of course crawl onto anything negative, then put his pointless views.....

You see last time I looked the BOD that appointed Jack and now Alan, do it for the good of the club THEY love.....

You see that's the major difference between a supporter and a pointless troll, who obviously has been banned from othersites so attacks us, and no doubt others....

Div - Must question why this  Stu D is allowed on here- Is it just entertainment? Its very downbeat and counterproductive, at every turn

Sure people can have their views, but his are not views they are just wind ups, lies, and slagging off the club I and others on here love....

Instead of a stupid Ricky Bin thread, who is clearly SMTID,  I am thinking of polling a  GTF poll for him . Just stop his access.................   

He just likes to be controversial rattle up as many as possible. He is a Saints fan goes to many of our games. 

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He just likes to be controversial rattle up as many as possible. He is a Saints fan goes to many of our games. 

IOBS that's irrelevant . A supporter supports sometimes not hardly ever

Some of his comments re Jack , the way we play, our players is a joke

I have a big fat moaner sits behind me in games- But to be fair he does cheer when we score then moans again

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

IOBS that's irrelevant . A supporter supports sometimes not hardly ever

Some of his comments re Jack , the way we play, our players is a joke

I have a big fat moaner sits behind me in games- But to be fair he does cheer when we score then moans again

That sounds like everyone that sits near me ...including me. Can we agree on well built?

On 6/14/2018 at 2:38 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
On 6/14/2018 at 1:59 PM, DougJamie said:

Agree with some of that ....... however we do live in Democracy which means everybody should have the opportunity to have their say; yes ........ everybody!  B)

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

Agree with some of that ....... however we do live in Democracy which means everybody should have the opportunity to have their say; yes ........ everybody!  B)

Think you will find after events at Westminster - We don't :whistle

However, I have had had my say - Guy is a pratt!

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Think you will find after events at Westminster - We don't :whistle

Re Westminster.  I could get into that debate being a Scot who lives in England, because as far as I am aware whilst Scotland although an independent Country remains within the United Kingdom, then Democracy still applies and unfortunately there are far more voters living in England than in Scotland ergo the Scots will always be voted down on something specifically Scottish (unless it suits the English to support it) and let's not get into the European Union .  PLEASE :rolleyes:

Just now, jaybee said:

Re Westminster.  I could get into that debate being a Scot who lives in England, because as far as I am aware whilst Scotland although an independent Country remains within the United Kingdom, then Democracy still applies and unfortunately there are far more voters living in England than in Scotland ergo the Scots will always be voted down on something specifically Scottish (unless it suits the English to support it) and let's not get into the European Union .  PLEASE :rolleyes:

Mate we will killed as this is not the right thread unless Jackson is the new PM

I think its more to do with the fact we got 15 minutes to debate.

15 minutes is more than Ross Stewart got under Jacks watch ( Phew brought it round !!)