The Upbeat St Mirren Thread

Our first venture in the Top Flight  since the doomed Craig waved his piece of paper, the club was up for sale and we spent about 5p on players

We brought in a Ross County reject to lead our line after Xmas, we had a totally untried Teale trying to swim against a 500ft Tidal Wave............... We blew and crashed going into a must win game v Well and lost 5-0....................

So-

Fixtures out tomorrow- New Manager- a proven winner, who left Hibs thru choice. Has also the necessary quality of experiencing failure. 

A coach, who has loads of experience, an internationalist , a talent player and a people person. I expect an experienced man with Stubbs as assistant

A BOD that clearly has both feet on ground, have ambition, business brains, and a clear strategy . They have taken time and appointed a man who is a name and does play nice football.

We have a Captain who is committed and has plenty to prove, and some great young talent in Smith, Reilly and Kyle.

Stubbs will identify our gaps- Once he has fully assessed the squad and has already set time lines to new acquisitions . Also setting expectations.

His message was to move the club forward. I think Top 6 would be nice, but we need stability first. I would happily take 10th and a Cup Semi or Final.

I am feeling very excited about Fixtures, the fact that every game has potential, and also remembering that 2 years ago, we went 14 games and got 4 points and 1 year ago we basically topped the league for 25 games and won it by 12 points.....................

More positive expressions be good.................. 

If you have hang ups, negativity , personal issues please don't post on this thread, there are about another 7 threads you can join. This thread is about being Upbeat about our season.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That glorious moment when you realise you need to look at the Premiership page of the BBC to find news about Saints instead of the Championship page

You don't to listen to how fantastic Dundee Utd are, or catch a disease going to Cappielow

If only Scotsports was still on the TV, whoops my mistake Positive Thinking :P

Just be good to see how far we have come and where we can go during the next 12 months, a lot of positive things about Stubbs in other forums, Jackson I like as well, could be a bit of a dark horse with the training. Good to see an attack minded player doing some coaching

Onwards & Onwards some more

Absolutely delighted to be back in the top flight for a variety of reasons.

The club is finally being run enthusiastically off field with attention being paid to all types of revenue streams.

The will & desire to put personal touches and brighten up our wee grey shoebox of a stadium.

The energy and atmosphere created by fans and particularly the W6/7 - the support home and away last season and particularly the season before was honestly phenomenal, probably the best backing consistently by any team.

We are better placed than ever before to ‘have a go’ and I believe we will.

Our new management team will excel and surprise many people - often just because it doesn’t work out at a particular club does not especially in football mean it can’t work at another club. We are the ‘right fit’ hopefully as many will see.

Roll on the new season !

I am also excited for the season ahead, we have come so far in the last year since the doom and gloom. 

I believe we are a club on the up and I put that down to the commitment of the support, the ambitious board and the club set up. 

Canny wait to back my team again in the premier league. 

COYS

The time we have waited for has arrived. Approach it with confidence but without arrogance. Support a BOD that has a commercial outlook. Support a Manager with a cup winning pedigree and substantial contacts. Support the players retained and those we bring in. Help accelerate the changes by investing in a season ticket. Great to be a Saint's Fan. 

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

A BOD that clearly has both feet on ground, have ambition, business brains, and a clear strategy . 

Difficult to move the club forward with both feet on the ground but I kinda get what you're saying.

The satisfaction of knowing that every time we win at home we will be sending around 1000 away fans home completely devastated, embarassed and £22 lighter rather than 100. Obviously excepting Hamilton and Livi.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

The satisfaction of knowing that every time we win at home we will be sending around 1000 away fans home completely devastated, embarassed and £22 lighter rather than 100. Obviously excepting Hamilton and Livi.

And Dundee, Well, St Johnstone also but a very good upbeat thought :D