Gavin Reilly

Maybe he's waiting to see who the new manager is?
For someone who many didn't fancy last year I thought he did well and would be happy to see him sign on for next season

Agree, I think that's exactly what he's doing. And why not ?

Like a few others on here have said, I'm not sure if he'll be able to reproduce the early season goals in the PL and believe Mullen offers more all round to the team.
Bit we do need a goals man....

Personally think Reilly was a fabulous signing. The work he did in addition to the goals often went unnoticed, but he pestered defenders constantly, little nudges, pushes, just making sure they knew he was there when longer balls were coming his way and winning a surprising amount of them. The goals did dry up a bit, but that coincided with an apparent injury he was carrying according to Jack.

Would love him to resign for next season, but if not I am sure we'll be able to get another good striker into replace him. It's very much his choice.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Bud the Baker said:

Disappointed if he goes - IMO there's been a bit of revisionism as to his value to the team & we'll struggle to replace him with someone as good.

Also it'll be another name to scratch off my Championship Winners Mug:(

s-l1600.jpg

Where did you get the mug ? Love it, but haven't seen that on the club shop website, or anywhere else. You can always do with another St.Mirren mug.....

16 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Any word on Oor Gav yet , is it a ye or a nae?

Will now be as much down to Stubbs as it will be Gav.

As far as I was aware he was offered terms but didn't choose to take them up. Contract has now expired so he's a free agent able to sign for whoever he likes. Similarly it might be the case that Stubbs doesn't rate him as highly as Jack did and might now withdraw the previous offer.

Only time will tell. I'd be happy to see Gav stay, think he's plenty to offer even in the top flight.

1 hour ago, div said:

Will now be as much down to Stubbs as it will be Gav.

As far as I was aware he was offered terms but didn't choose to take them up. Contract has now expired so he's a free agent able to sign for whoever he likes. Similarly it might be the case that Stubbs doesn't rate him as highly as Jack did and might now withdraw the previous offer.

Only time will tell. I'd be happy to see Gav stay, think he's plenty to offer even in the top flight.

I too would be happy to see him stay. 

On the other hand, I won't lost sleep over him going. He's a handy player to have but I very much doubt he'd be our focal point in attack next season. 

On 6/13/2018 at 1:28 PM, djchapsticks said:

I too would be happy to see him stay. 

On the other hand, I won't lost sleep over him going. He's a handy player to have but I very much doubt he'd be our focal point in attack next season. 

Is there any update on Gavin''s position regarding his contract?

A part of me feels like he owes us and holding out for a bigger club would be a bit of betrayal. IMO we saved him from possibly ending up at QOS again or worse, basically giving him a second chance at a good career.

That been said, i dont know what he was offered so i suppose that is a factor.

3 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

A part of me feels like he owes us and holding out for a bigger club would be a bit of betrayal. IMO we saved him from possibly ending up at QOS again or worse, basically giving him a second chance at a good career.

That been said, i dont know what he was offered so i suppose that is a factor.

He repaid us by scoring 20+ goals last season so he's doesn't owe us anything.

It would just be a poor decision on his part more than anything to leave. He has had a very stop start career. He is finally at a club where it has clicked for him, we are now in the PL, you'd think he would want to give it another year at least. 

13 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

He repaid us by scoring 20+ goals last season so he's doesn't owe us anything.

It would just be a poor decision on his part more than anything to leave. He has had a very stop start career. He is finally at a club where it has clicked for him, we are now in the PL, you'd think he would want to give it another year at least. 

He is now out of contract so he won't be getting a wage , maybe looking for a longer contract due to his missus having the wee yin now  and a bit of security?

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

(He is now out of contract so he won't be getting a wage , maybe looking for a longer contract due to his missus having the wee yin now  and a bit of security?

If he's knocked backed a  job, he'll no get any broo money either. :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Do keep up.

It has been absolutely, categorically and definitively stated on here that it was Gavin, not his missus, that was pregnant.

Whether that is correct or not is irrelevant, seeing as I put "absolutely, categorically and definitively", so you can't argue. emoji14.png

Am I doing this right?

definitely! On :P

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Do keep up.

It has been absolutely, categorically and definitively stated on here that it was Gavin, not his missus, that was pregnant.

Whether that is correct or not is irrelevant, seeing as I put "absolutely, categorically and definitively", so you can't argue. emoji14.png

Am I doing this right?

Don't want to say "Aye" and I don't want to say "Naw":unsure:

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:
4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Do keep up.

Am I doing this right?

Don't want to say "Aye" and I don't want to say "Naw":unsure:

Mibees ............................B)

20 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

Pity, I would have been happy enough had he stayed. A good squad player at the very least. More to him than just goals. Good link up play, and always gave 100%.

I wonder if this was entirely his decision, or if Stubbs doesn't rate him and the extension offer was withdrawn.

Edited by Drew

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Pity, I would have been happy enough had he stayed. A good squad player at the very least. More to him than just goals. Good link up play, and always gave 100%.

I wonder if this was entirely his decision, or if Stubbs doesn't rate him and the extension off was withdrawn.

Tweet I read suggests it was the club/manager who decided not to pursue him any further , which I think was probably the correct decision , as , in Mullen , we have someone in that role more suited to the top division !