Gavin Reilly

I would have been happy enough for Gavin to stay but I think Stubbs will want a bigger striker and has a forwards in contract similar to Reilly. What we need is for AS to get his finger out and start assembling his squad.

ETA. I was typing when billyg| posted but we agree on this matter.

Edited by stlucifer

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

Tweet I read suggests it was the club/manager who decided not to pursue him any further , which I think was probably the correct decision , as , in Mullen , we have someone in that role more suited to the top division !

Not sure that Mullen offers more, to be honest, or whether Stubbs will reckon so.

That said, I like Danny and would not suggest we let him go.

ETA - I do, though, think it was time to make a definitive decision one way or another, so Stubbs can get on with the crucial business of assembling his squad.

Edited by Drew

Was offered a contract by Jack Ross, rejected it, then was made another offer and decided to sit on that and wait to see who the new manager was, which is perfectly fair and reasonable.

I believe he was more than happy to now stay and play under Stubbs but the offer was subsequently withdrawn as that feeling wasn't mutual!

All fair enough. Stubbs is building his own squad and he'll do it his way.

As an addition to that none of the players under contract, including those who have recently signed, or re-signed, are guaranteed anything. We could easily see under contract players moving on if the new manager doesn't rate them.

13 minutes ago, div said:

Was offered a contract by Jack Ross, rejected it, then was made another offer and decided to sit on that and wait to see who the new manager was, which is perfectly fair and reasonable.

I believe he was more than happy to now stay and play under Stubbs but the offer was subsequently withdrawn as that feeling wasn't mutual!

All fair enough. Stubbs is building his own squad and he'll do it his way.

As an addition to that none of the players under contract, including those who have recently signed, or re-signed, are guaranteed anything. We could easily see under contract players moving on if the new manager doesn't rate them.

Tough business to be in. I wish Gavin every success. 

Looks like a completely new start at Saints. With Darren Jackson and possibly Rice the place has got a strangely unfamiliar feel about it at the moment. Maybe I'm just crap with change.

I would have thought Stubbs would have wanted to get a look at him in training at least before making a decision?

Pretty foolish of Reilly to reject the original contract offer also I would say.

Sad to see him go, but he'll get another club at least at Championship level in Scotland.

4 minutes ago, div said:

Confirmed by Gav;

I hope Stubbs has a few decent irons in the fire, in that case. In saying that, Gav had ample opportunity to consider the contract that was on the table, and the club couldn't hang on indefinitely while he weighed up his options (as, in fairness, he had every right to do).

Just now, Drew said:

I hope Stubbs has a few decent irons in the fire, in that case. In saying that, Gav had ample opportunity to consider the contract that was on the table, and the club couldn't hang on indefinitely while he weighed up his options (as, in fairness, he had every right to do).

Exactly. Sounds like he made an arse of it by not signing, and expecting the club to wait on his decision.

Just now, Drew said:

I'm a bit sad to see likes of Gav going but end of the day I'm encouraged to see swift decisions being taken by the new manager.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Even though he was injured and  JR started using him less. 

Yes , a decent return as I said.

For me I think he's too similar to Mullen,  and with Reilly's contract up , it's probably the correct decision.  

I reckon we'll most likely be looking at 6ft plus forwards to come in.

Just now, santaponsasaint said:

His new deal has been taken away by Stubbs. His new deal been on offer since the end of the season. But get the impression he thought he would get a bigger deal somewhere else. His fault IMO

Thread already running you ! :D