So this is what a ban looks like!

Lord Pityme

Noticed today that i cant read anything on the Smfc discussion thread whilst logged in. You have to laugh out loud at the infantile pettiness of the "its my baw brigade"... its a bit like the Trump communication team only wanting people to read/see their fake news and complete denial. Ah well if they get a boner out of it, thats up to them.

31 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Noticed today that i cant read anything on the Smfc discussion thread whilst logged in. You have to laugh out loud at the infantile pettiness of the "its my baw brigade"... its a bit like the Trump communication team only wanting people to read/see their fake news and complete denial. Ah well if they get a boner out of it, thats up to them.

StuD is in the same boat. 

He is a decent lad and good company. 

You can log out and read the Forum as a Guest. 

Or get yourself an alias. 

Good luck 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

It's pretty pathetic but more than that it must be worrying for Divs clients. Here, on his own website, he has tried to lock out two users, and yet the "hack" is so easy all you need to do is log out and you can read all the information you're supposed to be locked out from. I'm not sure I'd want to be a customer of the Big Front Door if web security is that lax. 

Not that it's worth the effort logging out at the moment. Two active threads - one that's been done to a standstill on Gavin Reilly, the other is supposed to be about new signings where names like non league Josh Heaton seem to be having no effect at all in driving traffic. 

4 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Bitching about Div is deserving of all the punishment that comes with it. This is not 'your' site to make demands on how it operates. It's a bit like rolling up to the club where the bouncers, paid by management, decide whether or not your presence add anything to the club or the enjoyment of others. Stop having a collective dummy spit about being giving the heave-ho for being a prick, being a pain in the arse, being rude, etc. etc. etc. Sure, behave like that if that it is your want, but if you get caught out and kicked out, remember it was your call. You knew what you were doing, took the risk, now "do the crime, do the time".

If it was me, I'd either ban you outright, or put you in the Sin Bin where you would be unable in any way shape or form to read the main forum. I'd also make those outside the Sin Bin unable to post in there. If you transgressed in there beyond a level set by management as acceptable you then get banned.

The alias business is less easy than suggested if certain identity requirements are compulsory on registration.

Bottom line is, behave in a 'reasonable ' manner or suffer the consequences.

Have a nice day. :D

Crime? :lol:

It's a public football forum, takes all sorts.

FWIW I'd ban you...............Oor Wullie, funny in the 60's. :booty

8 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Bitching about Div is deserving of all the punishment that comes with it. This is not 'your' site to make demands on how it operates. It's a bit like rolling up to the club where the bouncers, paid by management, decide whether or not your presence add anything to the club or the enjoyment of others. Stop having a collective dummy spit about being giving the heave-ho for being a prick, being a pain in the arse, being rude, etc. etc. etc. Sure, behave like that if that it is your want, but if you get caught out and kicked out, remember it was your call. You knew what you were doing, took the risk, now "do the crime, do the time".

If it was me, I'd either ban you outright, or put you in the Sin Bin where you would be unable in any way shape or form to read the main forum. I'd also make those outside the Sin Bin unable to post in there. If you transgressed in there beyond a level set by management as acceptable you then get banned.

The alias business is less easy than suggested if certain identity requirements are compulsory on registration.

Collective dummy spit? 

I have hardly spat the dummy - as yet anyway - and who am I supposed to be a collective with? 

I haven't breached any of the forum guidelines unlike others who issue threats, like Cockles, or those who make racist posts, like Pozbaird. I don't even think anyone could claim I was being impolite in any way to Marrez - one of a very few BAWA users I've respected for a number of years. 

I won't be boosting Div's user stats by creating another alias. 

20 minutes ago, StuD said:

Collective dummy spit? 

I have hardly spat the dummy - as yet anyway - and who am I supposed to be a collective with? 

I haven't breached any of the forum guidelines unlike others who issue threats, like Cockles, or those who make racist posts, like Pozbaird. I don't even think anyone could claim I was being impolite in any way to Marrez - one of a very few BAWA users I've respected for a number of years. 

I won't be boosting Div's user stats by creating another alias. 

I have two theories to why you've been sin binned. 

1. Your post pretty much saying a good number of active members talk s*it. It's a pretty harsh message and it was even harsher the analogy used. 
  2. Div has seen your posts under the StuD nickname go from 'I'm only commenting on one post' to 'I'm only commenting on a select few posts' to almost 600 posts in two months and is concerned if it continues to grow you might crash the website :lol:

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I have two theories to why you've been sin binned. 

1. Your post pretty much saying a good number of active members talk s*it. It's a pretty harsh message and it was even harsher the analogy used. 
  2. Div has seen your posts under the StuD nickname go from 'I'm only commenting on one post' to 'I'm only commenting on a select few posts' to almost 600 posts in two months and is concerned if it continues to grow you might crash the website :lol:

I thought the analogy about the toilet paper company was well made. I don't think I've got anything to apologise for there. As for (2) the only person I've let down there is myself. Div profits from traffic on the website. I've assisted in contributing to his income. I'm disappointed in that. 

9 minutes ago, StuD said:

I thought the analogy about the toilet paper company was well made. I don't think I've got anything to apologise for there. As for (2) the only person I've let down there is myself. Div profits from traffic on the website. I've assisted in contributing to his income. I'm disappointed in that. 

Does Div get paid per post ???

He must love Shull !!!!!!!!

Just now, DougJamie said:

Does Div get paid per post ???

He must love Shull !!!!!!!!

He'll most likely be on one of two types of commission models - pay per display or click through ads. I use an ad blocker, but unfortunately when I post people often reply. 

13 minutes ago, StuD said:

It did use the S word a lot. 

1 minute ago, helpmaboab said:

The collective dummy spit wis in relation tae the collective number ofwhinging posters on here complaining aboot being Sin Binned. 

Stamp yer feet aw yi like. Greet away ti yer heart's content. Water aff a duck's back.

Its water off a ducks back to me - especially when I log off and see just how dead the main forum is. It looks like all the action and traffic is in here and we're not missing out on anything at all. You've certainly posted more times in the Sin Bin today than on any other part of the site. :rolleyes: 

8 minutes ago, StuD said:

Its water off a ducks back to me - especially when I log off and see just how dead the main forum is. It looks like all the action and traffic is in here and we're not missing out on anything at all. You've certainly posted more times in the Sin Bin today than on any other part of the site. :rolleyes: 

So why are you talking about it ?

7 minutes ago, munoz said:

So why are you talking about it ?

Cause it happened, cause its petty, and cause it highlights the daft security flaw Div has left on his own website. 

It's hardly a dummy spit. If it was I wouldn't be talking about anything. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

Would prefer not to have a sin bin but if it continues to exist and be used to discipline "abusive or unreasonable" posters then I agree that anyone in the sin bin is prevented from viewing the rest of the forum and the rest of the forum should not be able to view or post in the sin bin.  

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Would prefer not to have a sin bin but if it continues to exist and be used to discipline "abusive or unreasonable" posters then I agree that anyone in the sin bin is prevented from viewing the rest of the forum and the rest of the forum should not be able to view or post in the sin bin.  

:lol:

What a very strange world you live in. :1eye

5 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

The collective dummy spit wis in relation tae the collective number ofwhinging posters on here complaining aboot being Sin Binned. 

Stamp yer feet aw yi like. Greet away ti yer heart's content. Water aff a duck's back.

As far as I know there is currently only two of us in here - the most popular part of the forum currently :rolleyes:

Would prefer not to have a sin bin but if it continues to exist and be used to discipline "abusive or unreasonable" posters

If that were the purpose then why are folk like pozbaird and cockles not in it?

Pozbaird is probably the most abusive poster on the forum and even posts racist jokes.

Cockles has threatened violence on more than one occasion.

Both should have been banned a long time ago.

13 minutes ago, zico said:

If that were the purpose then why are folk like pozbaird and cockles not in it?

Pozbaird is probably the most abusive poster on the forum and even posts racist jokes.

Cockles has threatened violence on more than one occasion.

Both should have been banned a long time ago.

Completely agree. And if it's for trolling then SlartiPremiumBonds should have been put in here ages ago too. And if it's for being boring and bringing nothing to the forum there's another half dozen or so that could be stuck in here like Stu Gillespie, Div, Drew, St Lucifer......actually thinking about it maybe that's how this works. Interesting and informative forum users are put in the Sin Bin and are unable to read the main forum cause that's full of abusive, racist dullards. I get it now.