Help ???

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

In an earlier post where I indicated that I was surprised.  Racism can be conscious or unconscious. People with no racist views can without meaning harm or offence, do so through unconscious racism.. 

What absolute tripe. Nobody has the right to be unoffended. You are confusing racism with offence.

Racism is discrimination.

To discriminate requires intent.

Intent requires conscious thought.

Therefore by definition there can be no such thing as unconscious racism. We are suffering from a plague of left wing hand wringing PC idiocy.

The rest of your post was bizarre, wittering nonsense. Why on earth are you babbling on about people from Senegal and Egypt?

Edited by oaksoft

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

So, how many of you were offended by the word "chink" in poz's crap joke?

Anyone?

Anyone who takes offence at any words where the clear intent was humour through use of a pun really needs a kick in the maw haws.

Anyone taking offence on behalf of others needs strung up and pelted with rancid tonatoes for a fortnight,

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What absolute tripe. Nobody has the right to be unoffended. You are confusing racism with offence.

Racism is discrimination.

To discriminate requires intent.

Intent requires conscious thought.

Therefore by definition there can be no such thing as unconscious racism. We are suffering from a plague of left wing hand wringing PC idiocy.

The rest of your post was bizarre, wittering nonsense. Why on earth are you babbling on about people from Senegal and Egypt?

Eh? Of course everyone has the right to be unoffended if he/she wishes to do so.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Quite right. Offense is always taken, never given. You can set out to try and offend someone, but whether that person chooses to be offended or not is totally up to them, not you.

Can you imagine a world where nothing is ever said or done (or exists) that may be taken as offensive?

I'm offended by Boy Bands, FFS. I don't come on here and complain about them every time they appear on TV, though.

Ricky, be a good chap and start a thread about the offense caused by Boy Bands. If nothing else, it'll cheer Faraway up. :)

Hey.  I responded to say only two things.  Poza didn't appear to me to be a racist but that the type of comment made falls under the heading of unconcious racism which I am pretty sure I would have been guilty of at some point. Some felt that there was no such thing. There is. It is well established and studied. Debates are only useful if they are factually based. The rest is opinion and jings we do get a big variety of those on the forum. Lesson is..don't intervene in someone else's arguments. Let them get on with it.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Hey.  I responded to say only two things.  Poza didn't appear to me to be a racist but that the type of comment made falls under the heading of unconcious racism which I am pretty sure I would have been guilty of at some point. Some felt that there was no such thing. There is. It is well established and studied. Debates are only useful if they are factually based. The rest is opinion and jings we do get a big variety of those on the forum. Lesson is..don't intervene in someone else's arguments. Let them get on with it.

Just because something is well studied does not make it either well established or factually correct.

It is very straight forward. People are either racist or they are not. No qualifier is needed.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Just because something is well studied does not make it either well established or factually correct.

It is very straight forward. People are either racist or they are not. No qualifier is needed.

Bla, bla, bla Oak.  Keep posting.  Thesee only highlight limitations in your thought processes that I for one didn't think you had.  By the way. ..I won't respond to you again.  There is simply no point.

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

. End of

Please let that be true.

Political correctness has nothing to do with stopping actual discrimination and everything to do with the control of others by people who shouldn't be left in charge of wiping their own backsides.

I have yet to meet any PC zealot who wasn't an absolute pain in the arse control freak.

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Please let that be true.

Political correctness has nothing to do with stopping actual discrimination and everything to do with the control of others by people who shouldn't be left in charge of wiping their own backsides.

I have yet to meet any PC zealot who wasn't an absolute pain in the arse control freak.

You are so far up your own rear end that you fail to grasp the simplest things that others are saying. You clearly have no knowledge and no experience of this topic. Do yourself the ultimate favour and stop humiliating yourself. It's painful to watch you go so low.

Edited by St.Ricky

13 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Hey you, the bible is the most studied book in history and it is 100% factual. Honest injun, it is. (Oops, is that racist?). If you don't believe me, just read the bible, it tells you so. :)

I wonder what a politically correct version of that book would look like :o

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
I wonder what a politically correct version of that book would look like emoji33.png

Depends on whose version of political correctness you are following.

Well that's the problem isn't it.

The world is full of PC control freaks and each of them has a different dictionary of "banned" words and phrases.

It's exhausting trying to keep up. Isma's beautifully convoluted last post just about overheated my brain :lol:

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

ust because something is well studied does not make it either well established or factually correct.

Rubbish:  certain people choose to interpret words 'how it best suits them and this is even easier for those with that in mind; when it is the written word rather than the spoken one.  What is written and looks racist; can when spoken  be fairly obviously not intended as such at all, although sometimes one does have to listen to  all the conversation, to appreciate it as such.  Ergo; your statement that 'People are either racist or they are not. No qualifier is needed.'  is blatantly bunkum.

3 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Rubbish:  certain people choose to interpret words 'how it best suits them and this is even easier for those with that in mind; when it is the written word rather than the spoken one.  What is written and looks racist; can when spoken  be fairly obviously not intended as such at all, although sometimes one does have to listen to  all the conversation, to appreciate it as such.  Ergo; your statement that 'People are either racist or they are not. No qualifier is needed.'  is blatantly bunkum.

The man is merely posturing.  No depth of thought or argument. Suggest you don't give him the oxygen he seeks.

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The man is merely posturing.  No depth of thought or argument. Suggest you don't give him the oxygen he seeks.

What planet do you live on when you can make the statement '[People are either racist or they are not. No qualifier is needed.' and believe it; you are surely not so stupid are you? r then again perhaps you are; if you truly think that children who cannot even speak yet, according to you are 'either racist or not', whole swathes of people in religious orders, those in the Army, Navy and Air force oh! and not forgetting the Police.  I suppose on recruiting days it's everyone who is racist please stand do n the right and non racists to the left please.  If I am posturing good sir you are opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble.

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

What planet do you live on when you can make the statement '[People are either racist or they are not. No qualifier is needed.' and believe it; you are surely not so stupid are you? r then again perhaps you are; if you truly think that children who cannot even speak yet, according to you are 'either racist or not', whole swathes of people in religious orders, those in the Army, Navy and Air force oh! and not forgetting the Police.  I suppose on recruiting days it's everyone who is racist please stand do n the right and non racists to the left please.  If I am posturing good sir you are opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble.

:lol:

I think, and it's only an opinion, he was aiming his post at Oaky.

Get that humble pie out of the oven, a large slice required.