Paisley Pubs

That whole building was Co-op, including a dance hall with parquet flooring on the top floor. The former Dusty Millar pub is next door. Who remembers the the huge neon signage on the short gable end corner at Forbes Place/Causeyside St that lit up one letter at a time C...W...S ..?

32 minutes ago, FS said:

That whole building was Co-op, including a dance hall with parquet flooring on the top floor. Who remembers the the huge neon signage on the short gable end corner at Forbes Place/Causeyside St that lit up one letter at a time C...W...S ..?

Bonnie wee Jeanie McCall...? :unsure:

36 minutes ago, FS said:

That whole building was Co-op, including a dance hall with parquet flooring on the top floor. The former Dusty Millar pub is next door. Who remembers the the huge neon signage on the short gable end corner at Forbes Place/Causeyside St that lit up one letter at a time C...W...S ..?

Yeh I do remember that . I was on the roof of the Abbey tower for the first time on Saturday and when you look at that building from above it looks massive because of the one big roof. .

4 hours ago, FS said:

Was it not P C W S  ro P C M S ?

I remember that sign. "PCMS for value"

It's a shame that you descended from being a boring arsehole who was bludgeoning this forum to death with irrelevance and repetition...
...into being a repetitively tedious shitehawk, who has twinned with Skidmark to ensure you finish the job that was temporarily halted when you were both sin-binned.
I now only read threads in which someone interesting (eg everyone else) was last poster, then "mark the site as read".  
I looked at and quoted those two posts, as someone let me know they were further personal attacks (no ageist comments this time).  
I feel dirty.  They were as boring, unfunny and irrelevant as I knew they would be without looking...

[emoji38]

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, Sgt Schultz said:

I remember that sign. "PCMS for value"

I think it actually said for good value. Not sure though. Those words were written horizontally whereas the PCMS letters were vertical.

4 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

I think it actually said for good value. Not sure though. Those words were written horizontally whereas the PCMS letters were vertical.

I`m sure it said "for best value". Pretty sure they were also in different colours. The PCMS was in red (i think ) & the for best value was green neon.... or perhaps my memory is letting me down , again!!

As FS said , the lights came on  P,   C,   M,  S,.......for best value !

Someone somewhere must have a photo of it !! :)

Guest TPAFKATS
I`m sure it said "for best value". Pretty sure they were also in different colours. The PCMS was in red (i think ) & the for best value was green neon.... or perhaps my memory is letting me down , again!!
As FS said , the lights came on  P,   C,   M,  S,.......for best value !
Someone somewhere must have a photo of it !! [emoji4]

Haha, I couldn't visualise the sign from other posts but now you point out it was vertical I've got an image of it.

11 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Are you sure? I seem to remember the PCMS as being horizontal. I'll ask ma maw, she'll know. :)

Ask her her Cooperative number while you're at it.Bet she still remembers it.

29 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

This photo, which I recognise now having seen it, shows of vertically but I still seem to remember it saying PCMS across the top, in white, where you can see "Ltd" in the picture.

https://m.facebook.com/TheOnlyWayIsPaisleysPast/photos/a.530151403677313.139736.530143157011471/1368394033186375/?type=3

No , thats not it.  It was in colour.B)

On 8 July 2017 at 0:16 PM, Slartibartfast said:

This photo, which I recognise now having seen it, shows of vertically but I still seem to remember it saying PCMS across the top, in white, where you can see "Ltd" in the picture.

https://m.facebook.com/TheOnlyWayIsPaisleysPast/photos/a.530151403677313.139736.530143157011471/1368394033186375/?type=3

Yeh it was the horizontal sign that I was referring to , it was more eye catching. .

Yeh it was the horizontal sign that I was referring to , it was more eye catching. .

Don't know if I agree. The way the vertical sign's letters lit up one at a time finishing with 'for best value' lighting up last was very eye catching.It was a different colour. From memory I think the big letters were red and the value one was I think yellow. Then they all switched off simultaneously and it started all over again. I imagine someone, somewhere has an old film of it stored away somewhere.

41 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

Don't know if I agree. The way the vertical sign's letters lit up one at a time finishing with 'for best value' lighting up last was very eye catching.It was a different colour. From memory I think the big letters were red and the value one was I think yellow. Then they all switched off simultaneously and it started all over again. I imagine someone, somewhere has an old film of it stored away somewhere.

Sorry Buddie , the main reason the letters caught my attention was wanting to know what the letters stood for more than anything . A need to know basis. .

on the door of the building where I got my school uniform had the letters CWSS which I got told was Co-op warehouse Society Scotland . .

It felt a hit like the Co owned Scotland back then , certainly they seemed omni-present at least . .