What A Shambles

My mate that sits next to me was going on about an attacking midfielder and He's right we need one. Has Murray had all his attacking instincts brainwashed away by playing beside Reilly? I remember when Shug was a box to box player and when he scored goals. (so did Lappin for that matter)

Again, can I ask if any of the centre halfs playing can score a goal with his head and if not, can MacPherson not get the feckers in on the afternoons to practice headers knock downs and the like.

McGinty's entrance to the game was the only attacking sparkle in that side and goodness knows how much abuse the goat gets, but at least he was getting behind and into the ranks of the stranraer defence.

186328[/snapback]

After Stranraer a collective kick up the backside was needed and gotten and a positive result was the outcome. I still think that the figuritive foot needs to be kept near that backside for another kick or two if needed though.

I hate quoting myself, but before the backslapping on the St J performance at the weekend goes too far, there's still gonna be issues like I said above.

1. Creativity in the midfield from Lappin & Murray

2. Okay, McGowne got a goal, Did somebody note what I said there? :blink: . Time for Broadfoot, Millen, Potter, Maxwell to pitch in with a headed goal as well. Or van Zanten, Murray or Lappin for that matter. Keano needs a bit of help, especially with Mehmet finding his feet in the side.

3. Start with McGinty on wednesday, it sounsds like he's playing well and could help Kean upfront.

I know i'm seeing the half empty glass here, but there's a lot of stuff from the Forfar and Stranraer games that'll maybe come back as issues particularly on Saturday against Brechin. We need to break Brechin early and score a few to get the confidence going and get the 'part-timers with season books at love street' :o as said somewhere else here, off the backs of the team.

Early goals were such a problem last season and we need to get that sorted this year as well in my view. Our setup and players is such that we can defend a lead and soak up pressure, so getting 1-0 or 2-0 in the first half hour would mean that we'd hold it. Okay it's not exciting, but it'd get the points in the bag.

Incidentally, I saw 23 games last season and 4 so far this year am I a part-timer or so-called supporter? I'd like to think that I see what I see and give my opinion, if I'm a boo-boy for that then fair enough.

After Stranraer a collective kick up the backside was needed and gotten and a positive result was the outcome. I still think that the figuritive foot needs to be kept near that backside for another kick or two if needed though.

I hate quoting myself, but before the backslapping on the St J performance at the weekend goes too far, there's still gonna be issues like I said above.

1. Creativity in the midfield from Lappin & Murray

2. Okay, McGowne got a goal, Did somebody note what I said there? :blink: . Time for  Broadfoot, Millen, Potter, Maxwell to pitch in with a headed goal as well. Or van Zanten, Murray or Lappin for that matter. Keano needs a bit of help, especially with Mehmet finding his feet in the side.

3. Start with McGinty on wednesday, it sounsds like he's playing well and could help Kean upfront.

I know i'm seeing the half empty glass here, but there's a lot of stuff from the Forfar and Stranraer games that'll maybe come back as issues particularly on Saturday against Brechin. We need to break Brechin early and score a few to get the confidence going and get the 'part-timers with season books at love street'  :o  as said somewhere else here, off the backs of the team.

Early goals were such a problem last season and we need to get that sorted this year as well in my view. Our setup and players is such that we can defend a lead and soak up pressure, so getting 1-0 or 2-0 in the first half hour would mean that we'd hold it. Okay it's not exciting, but it'd get the points in the bag.

Incidentally, I saw 23 games last season and 4 so far this year am I a part-timer or so-called supporter? I'd like to think that I see what I see and give my opinion, if I'm a boo-boy for that then fair enough.

187631[/snapback]

I think your opinions are valid chico, and I agree with you on most points there. I think we're still going to see the addition of a more creative midfielder, although if Reilly is going to be out long term then there is the chance Gus will opt for a more defensive one. Not sure what the problem with Reilly is so we'll need to wait and see on that one...

For all our 'threat' at set-pieces we don't get enough goals from corners, although that's 3 goals out of 4 from set-piece situations, so maybe we are now over that. Let's hope there's more goals to come from the big guys at the back :)

I'd like to see us be a bit more positive in games against the likes of Stranraer and Brechin at home as well, I suspect that Gus will have learned from the Stranraer game and we will try to take the game to Brechin from the word go.

Saturday's performance gives us something to build on and I'm sure Gus and Andy won't let the team rest on their laurels, they won't get carried away. Having criticisms doesn't make you a boo-boy, but it seemed there were people who were questioning the manager's ability on the back of one bad no-score draw! The reaction we got on Saturday was excellent and if we can carry that through into this Saturday then perhaps more of the "part-timers" you mention will show a bit more belief and support.

Rubbish

McGowne is another wheelie bin..not for running up and down the wing at his old age...he can run up but he cant get back without his bus pass.

186323[/snapback]

A wheelie bin that scored the winning goal on Saturday :D

The boo boys of last week deserve all the casting up of quotes that they get. I trust a lot of them didn't go to Perth, a fact that was evident by the supporters not getting on the backs of the players at all throughout the 90 minutes.

Doubtless unless we score six before half time on Saturday they will be back moaning and groaning about why we have to bother playign with any defenders against teams like Brechin.

Saturday will be another hard game - every game should be approached by the fans in the same way. Back the team, and if things go wrong, then back them even more.

If you;re not happy then save your jeering for after the final whistle.

A wheelie bin that scored the winning goal on Saturday  :D

The boo boys of last week deserve all the casting up of quotes that they get. I trust a lot of them didn't go to Perth, a fact that was evident by the supporters not getting on the backs of the players at all throughout the 90 minutes.

Doubtless unless we score six before half time on Saturday they will be back moaning and groaning about why we have to bother playign with any defenders against teams like Brechin.

Saturday will be another hard game - every game should be approached by the fans in the same way. Back the team, and if things go wrong, then back them even more.

If you;re not happy then save your jeering for after the final whistle.

187635[/snapback]

Oi!! I was the first to eat humble pie after Saturdays game. I said pre-match if we didn't lose i would...so i have :P ...and i've sworn to reserve judgement till we have played everyone in the league before i moan again :rolleyes:

Guest AC Doyle

This thread supplies the very reason why Saints persistently underperform. The club has good enough facilities. We have had very good managers. Tom Hendrie has been successful with every team he has managed (apart from those that included that blood sucking reptile Gillies). John Coughlin has a 100% record with his 1st genuine managerial position. Gus is indubitably a very good manager. The problem is the HOME support. A 0-0 draw at home, not a defeat like the Forfar shambles last season or the infinite humpings from ICT, and the HOME support is breeching its kegs telling the manager and the players to "get ti f**k!". What a shower of spermless wankers. :rolleyes:

The BoD delivers the greatest escape since that Aussie burd from the postie, Gus puts a team on the park that fights for the jersey, obviously not for the HOME support that can do nothing but berate them. The home support clearly suffers from the "only sing when they're winning" closet bigots that masquerade as Saints supporters when we are no more than their "little team". Why they bother to post on a Saints unofficial web site is odd - so tell us why santaponsasaint. :P

• 3 months later...
Is it really just three months ago..................  :huh:

It's a funny old game.......

Look for your own comments post Stranraer

214650[/snapback]

Pish like that and downright bad luck at Dundee are the reasons our lead is not in double figures....................

With the league ending in April lets hope that it's in the bag by March............

Mingwall would not be a good place to win the league

Pish like that and downright bad luck at Dundee are the reasons our lead is not in double figures....................

With the league ending in April lets hope that it's in the bag by March............

Mingwall would not be a good place to win the league

214651[/snapback]

Come on BVB, we've had bad luck but more than our share of good fortune too !

Is there really a bad place to win a league championship ? :o:blink:

Well I suppose you'd like to see what Mingwall's like............. :rolleyes:

214656[/snapback]

I've been to the highlands following Saints only three times;

Ross County 4 St.Mirren 0

Ross County 2 St.Mirren 0

Inverness 5 St.Mirren 0

I think it's best I stay away. Any further north than Brechin and I get a nosebleed :D

I've been to the highlands following Saints only three times;

Inverness 5 St.Mirren 0

I think it's best I stay away. Any further north than Brechin and I get a nosebleed  :D

214677[/snapback]

Best defeat I have ever been to, best pitch invasion too. :rolleyes: Sssshhh

• 8 years later...

Putting out a team with 5 central defenders at home to Stranraer was a disgrace.

Gus Macpherson has a boring and negative attitude - its little wonder we only drew 0-0 at home to Stranraer.

Why on earth do we not have a left wing back? Why did Gus not sign one? Why did he let Ellis go? What on earth is Maxwell doing at left wing back?

Why on earth did Gus let Ricky Gillies go when he keeps playing that ghost Lappin every week. If it wasn't for the fact that Lappin has a left foot, I'm certain he'd have been binned long ago. He's rubbish.

Why was John O'Neill freed when he ws our top goalscorer? O'Neill would provide a better goal threat from midfield than tha ghostly Lappin.

And why was Corcoran not on from the start with Kean & Mehmet in a front 3? It was a home game against Stranraer after all.

Gus Macpherson achieved 2nd place last season in the worst First Division in history with dull, negative, defensive tactics. The expectation level has now been raised by that 2nd place and its up to Gus to take us to the next step. But he won't achieve it unless he is more attack minded. And if we carry on like we did on Saturday then the fans have every right to boo.

Booooooooooooo.

Who is this slagging off the majestic Gus