• Days Won

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

6,430 profile views

bazil85's Achievements

Panel Pundit on SKY

Panel Pundit on SKY (14/14)

1. Shithousery Shull, still going strong. 20 more years! 🎂
  2. As always, a free hit type game. You get anything, fantastic. It's good having the pressure off for top 6 but if after this weekend, we are still looking quite comfortable in fifth, I’ll be delighted.
  3. Don’t think I’ve seen a single St Mirren fan make any claim like that tbf.
  4. He wasn’t without his issues but I was baffled by the hard time he got from some fans. He got a really strong response out of the players he had, be that defensive or not. Him and Robbo (to me) seem quite similar in their ethos here. As in, you can only get what you can get out of the players you have. Sometimes it won’t be attractive, flowing football & it’ll be a slog. Granted, neither have taken that as far as the Gus years & the infamous ‘go to the cinema’ quote. But they both accept you can’t always try & pass like Real Madrid, when you happen to be St Mirren.
  5. Yep, fair enough I’m thinking it was one place higher in each case. (Belive we would have went fourth, had we played & won the game in hand) Still season on season improvement. Can only go on what you can regarding Covid & we were 9th. Up from a relegation play off the previous year. Didn’t work out for him at Aberdeen, as it hasn’t for several Aberdeen managers in a row since McInnes. You can be critical of Goodwin all you want, you’re factually being critical of someone that took over a team who survived relegation on penalties, and left them in the top six after two and a half seasons. What other St Mirren manager got us as high as a seventh place finish in the 30 seasons before Goodwin? 🤷‍♂️ Do you accept, purely on league finish, he was our most successful manager for a generation?
  6. Moving the goalposts yet again. Praising Goodwin & calling out your rubbish is in no way, downplaying what the current manager has done.
  7. Good contribution. Like it or not Goodwin 1st season - 9th 2nd season - 7th (highest league finish in around 30 years) 3rd season - left in 5th, game in hand to go 4th Faraway ‘not good enough, he’s pish’ 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  8. Year before that, it was 11th. 🤷‍♂️ Did Robbo not finish 9th his first season? What more could anyone ask from Goodwin than improving the league position season on season? Champions league maybe? 😂😂😂
  9. Eh, he improved our league position season on season while he was there without once taking us backwards. How many St Mirren managers can say that? But that wasn’t your claim was it? It was ‘no chance’ of back to back top 6 finishes. For that to be true, there has to be ‘no chance’ of a manager continuing to improve on his season on season performances. In other words, you were talking bollocks.
  10. In his time here, we finished 9th then 7th & he left us in 5th with a great chance to be in 4th with the game in hand we had. You made the claim, burden of proof there’s ’no chance’ Robinson didn’t manage to finish 5th last season, by your logic there is ‘no chance’ he could ever finish 5th. Faraway Saint - ‘it’s impossible to ever do something you’ve not done before’ 😂😂😂😂😂
  11. You said there was ‘no chance’ different thing. no luck wee man.
  12. Everything I said was correct & completely consistent - left us in the top 6 - had us just off 4th with a game in hand - it was against the statistically poorest team in the league - he narrowly missed out on top 6 the season before. What I didn’t say - we were 4th - we would definitely have won our game in hand - we would definitely have finished top 6 had he stayed You’re an embarrassment. Too weak just to own up to where you’ve made a mess of it.
  13. We didn’t make top 6 by a single goal. Goodwin has us comfortably in the top 6 the next season when he leaves = ‘no way’ Goodwin could ever get us top 6 twice in a a row . 😂😂 You made an arse of it. Own it.