Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Is he getting it because he is the best applicant or is it because he's a legend? Perhaps his love for the club means he'll work longer hours for less money than Brian Caldwell...

And yes, I know that's a very cynical view. I'm all in favour of Fitzy getting a role at the club, however he needs to be capable of doing the job.

Is he getting it because he is the best applicant or is it because he's a legend? Perhaps his love for the club means he'll work longer hours for less money than Brian Caldwell...

And yes, I know that's a very cynical view. I'm all in favour of Fitzy getting a role at the club, however he needs to be capable of doing the job.

Also, is he seen as a soft touch/easy option who won't take the club to the cleaners if and when the takeover happens and they want a different Chief Exec?

All the usual disclaimers stand: I love Fitzy, he loves Saints, and it'd be a match made in heaven, if he can do the job. We need new impetus and perhaps someone who is that enthusiastic is what's needed.

I'm sorry but this does not excite me 1 bit , why we appointing a new CEO when potential takeover where they could have a person in mind for the job . We need to be bringing in 2or3 good players but unfortunately we will be lucky to bring in young boys from down south like snoupe from last season .

Why would people question his suitability for the job? He has considerable business experience, has run community based initiatives, and loves the club. He will be a fantastic ambassador, and no-one will sell the club to potential signings more effectively, or possible sponsors/investors.

I'm not suggesting that I am 100% confident this will work out, but, by the same token, would question the immediate dubiety and cynicism.

I'm right behind him.

I'm sorry but this does not excite me 1 bit , why we appointing a new CEO when potential takeover where they could have a person in mind for the job . We need to be bringing in 2or3 good players but unfortunately we will be lucky to bring in young boys from down south like snoupe from last season .

Whit?

So the day to day running of the club isn't a priority?

And if the takeover falls on it's arse what happens then? Although I think this has an interim feel to it if it is true.