10000Hours Online Direct Debits Live

div

This just sent out from 10000Hours, new online direct debit mandate system is now live.

All existing direct debit mandates should be re-confirmed via the online system and all new members will be able to now complete all paperwork online via a secure SSL encrypted membership form and all backed by the Direct Debit guarantee.

Reconfirming your commitment with an Online Direct Debit

We now have a target date for fulfilling our “agreement in principal” for delivering on our ambition to purchase the 52% shareholding of our club for the Fans of June 15th 2012.

This is largely down to the support that so many individuals have shown in Pledging and Submitting Membership and Direct Debit mandates.

We are aware that for many people a long time has passed from when they returned their original forms and in various ways the proposal has evolved over that time. For those who have not received an e-mail prior to this all the up to date information is now online at www.10000hours.org

With that in mind we have made the decision that we should ask for everyone to reconfirm their commitment to the purchase scheme by the re submission of the Direct Debit forms and membership details as well as specifically noting the monthly commitment level they wish to make.

We know that filling in forms and sending them back is a pain and time consuming however we are pleased to advise that all direct debit instructions can now be securely submitted online.

Please visit;

http://www.10000hours.org/directdebit

to re-submit your mandate or to submit your details for the first time.

In completing you are authorising 10000hours CIC to draw down the first payment from you on the 31st of July.

No money will be taken until then and if the deal does not conclude then no payments will be taken and your details removed from the system. We have updated our online FAQ on the 10000hours website with some questions and answers about the payment process that we are sure you will have.

We need everyone who has already submitted a completed Direct Debit to do it again but this time online, and if you pledged but never returned a completed form then this is a much easier way to do it, so please do.

We also like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can pledge more than £10 per month. You will get any additional money credited to you in proportionately more shares in the CIC once the Social funding debt is paid down, but remember it is a Cooperative so it will still only be one member one vote.

We know this is a pain but it will be worth it if we can put the future of our club in the safe hands of its supporters and the online submission is very quick and simple and should take no longer than 2 minutes to complete.

Regards and thanks for your continued support,

With that in mind we have made the decision that we should ask for everyone to reconfirm their commitment to the purchase scheme by the re submission of the Direct Debit forms and membership details as well as specifically noting the monthly commitment level they wish to make.

My interpretation of this is that the relevance of completing and signing a direct debit has changed. By offering the commitment you are now agreeing to the CIC to be set up as is. The obvious issue being there is no information actually explaining what it is, how it will owrk and what impact it is going to have on the club. All we have is headline values relating to fan empowerment, transparency, etc.

We are now handing the power to 10000 Hours interim BoD to carry out the transaction to buy the consortiums shareholding. By doing this we appear to be committing ourselves to around 10 years of debt without fully understanding what we are getting into or the risk to the club.

Make sure that you are entirely comfortable about the deicision you are making for the future of the club and also on behalf of not just yourself, but other fans and future generations of fans. This isn't just a tenner-a-month to be gambled just because you can afford it...and see if you like it or not just to cancel it later.

We must be fully committed to this from day one and moving forward or the club is put at risk. Once the transaction takes place and the debt kicks in - the levels of monthly payments MUST be maintained.

My view is that this is now being pushed through without proper due dilligence by the fans who will be left paying the monthly payments, and who will have the most to lose - our club, and may end up with the least influence on the running of the club of all the group involved - although I think the community members are completely out on their arses now.

I will wait until we have propoerly documented information available to review and discuss, and the outcome of the meeting. I will also give SMiSA's view significant consideration. Hopefully all will be well and all the concerns will be put to bed. However, the lack of information at this crucial stage is disappointing.

I

Div - the Direct Debit link for £10 membership does not appear to me to have the typical security details of an ssl site with an https: and padlock symbol on the web link.

It could be down to the way it has been designed - but I've have expected it to go to an external site.

If I right click on the "Click here to proceed" to open in a new tab it comes up with error messages.

Teething errors no doubt, but does not fill me with confidence.

yup - I'm afraid putting a padlock and 'Protected' on the physical page does not mean it's secure...and in fact makes it look like a v hooky site.

I will change the form to open in a new window rather than wrapping around it so that you can see all the standard SSL security stuff.

I wrapped around it to keep the screen within the 10000Hours website but no big deal, easy to change.

This is a Royal Bank of Scotland sponsored solution that companies such as BT use to process direct debits, there is nothing "hooky" about it in the slightest.

I have now placed a text link below the image that loads the direct debit form so that anyone who wishes to validate that the details are being entered into a secure website can do so by virtue of it opening in a new window outside of the 10000Hours site if you wish.

If all previous DDI Mandates have been securely shredded then the membership counter needs to be reset on the home page.

Usually when a DDI instruction is cancelled I receive confirmation by letter rather than on a a website or email - admittedly this is usually from a financial institution who have received the instruction and have the authority to carry out the cancellation and secure shredding. I then have evidence that this agreement has ended.

My DDI mandate was in place previously for 10000Hours, but I will be waiting for detailed information in Black and White as to how this will work before making any further financial commitment.

This was discussed this morning and decided that the counter will be reset after a week or so once everyone ample chance to resubmit their mandate.

The original paper instructions were never submitted to any bank so there is nothing really to end, as the original agreement didn't actually begin ?

This was discussed this morning and decided that the counter will be reset after a week or so once everyone ample chance to resubmit their mandate.

The original paper instructions were never submitted to any bank so there is nothing really to end, as the original agreement didn't actually begin ?

It could be dealt with through a line like "This new direct debits mandate cancels any previous direct debit mandates." - or some such bollox if it isn't there already.

I will change the form to open in a new window rather than wrapping around it so that you can see all the standard SSL security stuff.

I wrapped around it to keep the screen within the 10000Hours website but no big deal, easy to change.

This is a Royal Bank of Scotland sponsored solution that companies such as BT use to process direct debits, there is nothing "hooky" about it in the slightest.

Thats cool....I figured that was the case....but it didn't look great for someone expecting the usual padlock and https url. Thats as much as most people know about internet security.

Edited by Micky

Thats cool....I figured that was the case....but it didn't look great for someone expecting the usual padlock and https url. Thats as much as most people know about internet security.

Agreed.

Just a thought .....It seems we are now making a fans offer to buy the club. Usualy when you look to buy anything you know the price first. How much will it cost??

Usually when you buy something you actually own it....every other cnut bar us will own the club.......we will be far removed distant cousins picking up the leftovers at the wedding buffet.

Some shareholders want to sell the club.....other shareholders get worried and for a group with the other shareholders to seel so nothing can happen without them knowing and they can keep their places at the club. Advert put out for sale of club. Other shareholders realise their shares are worth f"k aw now and spit the dummy out. One has a meltdown on the Internet, the other one heads down the lodge for assistance.

Whacky guy appears on the scene with an idea that appeals to the shareholders not wanting to give up thier interest in the club. He offers them a way to buy out the shareholders that do want to leave and still stay on the BoD of the club. They also get a huge bonus of cash for their shareholding. It will all be funded by the social fund grants and loans. Happy days - make it happen whacky guy.

Fan ownership and empowerment, transparency, one town one club, community involvement gets shouted from the rooftops. SMiSA one of the first to know about it and key to the community / fan involvement credentials of the CIC - £50K added to the consortiums bonus pot. Fans and the community all pledge their support for the plan. Happy days in Paisley.

Plan has a major wobble as the social fund grant disaappears. Major redesign required. CIC reappears as a OMOV co-op. It will now be funded completely by debt to be repaid by the fans. SMiSA sidelined for expressing concerns about the financial viability.

Sign up meeting.....OMOV, fans will need to meet the debt through general memberships and 87 club, but the consortium are deferring payment to help progress the project. SMiSA make some of their concerns public - they have been sidelined by 10000 Hours.

GLS rides into town and to most fans surprise has joined the "baddies". It is no longer fan ownership. A new non-exec board is created for "successful businessmen" who do not currently invest in St Mirren. They get representation on the SMFC BoD. No place on the non-exec BoD or any opportunity of voting on who goes on it for the general members twice removed from the SMFC BoD with options in the constitution to put even more distance between the fans and the SMFC BoD.

This bollox gets announced along with the news that the interim BoD will have the minimum number of Board Members with zero representation from a fans group such as SMiSA or the supporters bus groups.

10000 Hours appear bemused that there should be some concern about the process and information being supplied to the people expected to fund the debt to pay a consortium trying to profit from a process to help them stay on the BoD.

The community element of this has gone. The fan ownership of this has been reduced to fans funding it. Unknown corporate members will have more influence at SMFC than the fans who will be buying the corporate members shite so they can pay for their £25K investment out of their profits. Ach, but its only a tenner-a-month.

And besides that we'll still be funding St Mirren through our season tickets and all the rest of the St Mirren related stuff they have push at us. A vote every three years....cheeky cnuts!!!!

I hadnt signed up yet but I will probably do it online is the £10 one the most common for fans and is there any further benefit to myself to pay more £15 etc

Sorry if this has been covered before

Paying extra per month doesn't get you anymore benefits at the moment other than a greater share of the co-op which will only matter when dividends begin to be paid.

I hadnt signed up yet but I will probably do it online is the £10 one the most common for fans and is there any further benefit to myself to pay more £15 etc

Sorry if this has been covered before

If you have the ready cash now you could opt for an 87 club membership....it saves you paying the tenner-a-month and you get a few bells and whistles with it. However if you wear the tie in M3 expect to be laughed at. tongue.png

Just a thought .....It seems we are now making a fans offer to buy the club. Usualy when you look to buy anything you know the price first. How much will it cost??

A tenner a month....................................................................................

A tenner a month....................................................................................

Naughty.....reborn saint was referring to the debt. When you buy a house you want to be sure that you can afford the repayments......if you can't - see banking crisis.

How much for your wife?....How much for your children??.....At least the Blues Brothers asked the question......If REA can't tell us the price (and please £10 per month is a pathetic reply.)...then he has to piss off... it is quite simple. Fan ownership is a must but REA has to go as he has failed many times to deliver. Get wise this will fail and we are not in a Mr green last chance saloon. SG can carry on and I hope someone will come forward to take the fans on board and make a cic a reality but please spare me the REA model who thinks fans can be turned on and off at the drop of a hat and can apologise twice for treating us like twats. He is and always will be a man who had the right intentions but he missed the boat and I for one would like him to leave now. Time wasted as far as I can see and Smisma change of heart says it all...REA has given zero information on the bid and the failure of it is certain.

Edited by reborn saint

A change of Tune from a believer in Fan ownership , To a sceptic like me ?

A few questions that I would like to Know

how you could hurt me so

I need to know what I have done wrong

and how long this has been going on

Was it that i naver payed much attention ?

Or did i not give enogh affection ?

Not only will your answers keep me sane

but i know i will never make the same mistake again

You can tell me to my face or even on the phone

you can write it in a letter, either way i have to know ?

My heds spinning Boy, I'm in a daze I feel isolated Dont want to communicate ? Got the drift Reborn, Said it from Day Dot - " Richard " The Faint Heart is chancing his Fcking Arm ? He Think's that we are all Daftie's - Unlike his buisness Crew who will benefit from the real fans paying £ 1. 7 million of Debt for the Chosen Few ? punk.gif

Basically You're a toon and full of shit....But things have changed for me and the real people....You wil remain a Toon forever and that's sad.....say hello to Pluto for me ...He's my favourite