I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

14 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

A song about scoring drugs ? Maybe lead to Stevies early demise. .

Well a hippy-trippy name dropper came through my door
He said, I just bumped into Mick, he told me you know where to score.
No not me friend
I mind my own and my own minds me

A great time for music with UK rockers switching from Dexys to Acid! :whistle

34 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

They always wanted away from their teeny-bopper image , apparently , as this proves. .

Never saw them as a teeny-bopper band.  Started out as a mod band then moved into rock / r&b and embraced the psychedelic era with huge success with both singles and the album Ogden's Nut Gone Flake.  They were seriously good as were Humble Pie before "musical differences" got in the way.

8 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Never saw them as a teeny-bopper band.  Started out as a mod band then moved into rock / r&b and embraced the psychedelic era with huge success with both singles and the album Ogden's Nut Gone Flake.  They were seriously good as were Humble Pie before "musical differences" got in the way.

I never saw them as a teeny-bopper band either but they did apparently . Partly based on Itchycoo Park being done for a laugh and then released by Andrew Oldham without their consent and despite being a good track it was the type of pop song they wanted away from . For me , Ogden's Nut Gone Flake was their best album and certainly represented the more experimental direction they had gone in but I reckon all their stuff is good and it is always interesting to wonder what would have happened if Marriot hadn't f**ked off. .