I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

WHY WHY WHY?
I share music recorded live at gigs. Regularly.
Why do I do that? Why not just concentrate on watching the performance?

Disclaimer... I seldom record more than two or three of ten to twenty tracks and always enjoy the gig.

So again, why share live recordings?

I SO want people to experience the sheer joy and amazing experience of live music... simple as that.
In a selfish way, I want to ensure it continues!!!

Back in the 80's, bands made money from record sales and played live simply to promote new albums.

Deezer, Spotify, Amazon, Apple, et al now mean artists get bugger all for their music!!!

They HAVE to gig and gig regularly just to get enough money to release an album!

This worries me greatly.

How many fantastic artists are going to become so disillusioned that they give up?

Can you even begin to imagine a world without music?

For me, a musician is as important in the grand scheme of things as any other job going... we co-exist and need one another. A world without nurses in unthinkable. So too is a world without musicians!!!

We pay a fiver for a fancy coffee... I bought an ep from Mattie Collins for a fiver... five brilliant tracks... a pound each which I now have for all time! The daft bugger donated all five pounds to a charity supporting autism... meaning he got hee haw for his music that cost him to produce! Despite that, Mattie was just delighted to have the chance to perform!!!

If you have a heart, go to https://mattiecollinsmusic.com/ and check him out.

Yvonne Lyon and her husband David Lyon gave up work to become full time musicians. Their last album bar one was made in aid of he Caden Beggan Memorial Fund at Yorkhill Children’s Charity. They took not one penny from a years worth of "work"! Would you donate a years worth of potential income to charity?

Check them out at http://yvonnelyonmusic.com/ and feast on the wonders available there!!!

If we do not support artists in live settings... if we do not buy music directly from their websites or at gigs, then eventually, we will be left with generic heartless soulless music designed to please not the masses... but the suppliers of the masses!!!

You have been warned!!!

Now... spend 3 minutes and 54 seconds of your life watching this stunning performance by Hannah Aldridge.

If moved, go get her album Gold Rush or more importantly, come see her perform live next time she tours in the UK.

For me, live music is NOT a £50 gig at the Hydro watching someone on a screen in the distance!!!

It is an intimate venue. It is up close and personal. It is meeting the artist after the show. It is an interaction... an experience to remember... a memory to treasure.

SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC!!!

Guest TPAFKATS

Had a good wee night watching oirish music night on BBC4. Currently watching van morrison at Eden project. Earlier was a documentary on the undertones.
Sadly the Rory Gallagher programme isnae on tonight.