I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

4 minutes ago, Slarti said:
11 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Really nice version of the hit by Yazz, "The Only Way Is Up"...........................

That (the Yazz version, obviously) was number one when my daughter was born.

I was watching TV last night and an advert had the slower version, didn't catch enough to say it was the version I posted, but it worked well as an acoustic number, so much so I'm going to give it a go sometime today. :thumbs2

Listened to this at the official opening of the new World Cup stadium in Cape Town in 2009. I was lucky enough to be in an invited audience. Wasn’t the same singer but it made a powerful impression on me at the time.

Really. Yeah. In any case, despite him having written it, the version by Eva Cassidy is by far a better version. Sadly no longer available for birthday parties real or otherwise, 

Edited by Rascal

11 hours ago, Rascal said:

Really. Yeah. In any case, despite him having written it, the version by Eva Cassidy is by far a better version. Sadly no longer available for birthday parties real or otherwise, 

There are aspects of my life which will inspire incredulity amongst the hoi polloi. I don't mean to brag, but I am connected to quite a few famous people. Indeed you may well have heard of me