I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

MrsS has become sick of my ipod so hss taken to putting on Absolute 80s in the car, normally not a big fan of radio but this has been nostalgically entertaining!

Absolute radio is pretty good and they have a "no repeat" guarantee throughput the day so no tedious repetition that radio Tay, and similar stations, have adopted. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Absolute radio is pretty good and they have a "no repeat" guarantee throughput the day so no tedious repetition that radio Tay, and similar stations, have adopted. 

Aye, have noticed some artists get played quite often despite their waning influence in the 80s like Bowie for instance, might see if I can sneak on Absolute Classic Rock and see if she notices 😉

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Despite radio Tay trying to piss me off by playing Lewis Capaldi to death, SIX times between 8:00am and 4:00pm on Wednesday, I'm downloading his new album and I'll give it a whirl this morning while I'm out painting the garden fence. 

Have to say DESPITE radio Tay, I love the album. :happyclapper

Just listened to Envy Of None, self-titled album from band formed by ex Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson, really really like it, not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't this, kind of hauntingly rock/indie with a subtle folk edge. Couple of run through and I was hooked ☺️