I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Do you not remember Mason Boyne ? He was Robbie Coltrane's uncannily realistically portrayed comedy Orangeman on - I think - "A Kick Up The Eighties", who would always recount tales of it having been a good job him and his pals had their "purely symbolic heavy batons" with them.......  :lol:

192684[/snapback]

Of course I remember it, I was merely stating when Googling 'Mason Boyne' previously for one of my 'projects' the response was underwhelming...........

Do you not remember Mason Boyne ? He was Robbie Coltrane's uncannily realistically portrayed comedy Orangeman on - I think - "A Kick Up The Eighties", who would always recount tales of it having been a good job him and his pals had their "purely symbolic heavy batons" with them.......  :lol:

192684[/snapback]

Was it not the programme "Laugh? I nearly paid my licence fee!" that featured Mason Boyne?

I'm not sure but I remember seeing it. Was his daughter not called Orangina?

Back to the topic. After reding the thread about top five Scottish songs, I'm listening to Strange Kind Of Love by Love and Money...pure class.

Ive got the zoo on a scorpions album called ACOUSTICA its a kind of unplugged album recorded in portugal, brilliant album have you got it greg?

194970[/snapback]

No, I've got World Wide Live, which I bought yesterday.

Political Science is a feckin' great song, by the way.

I still play Cd's and the big black bit of plastic. However my 10 year old daughter bought herself an iPod in the summer and her big cusin teached her how to down load. Anyway I was telling one of the boy's at work about this. ( As I can't down load yet :rolleyes: )

Today this guy at my work gave me a Cd with the top 60 albums and covers on a cd for her to put onto the computer so she may down load what she wants.

The top 60 albums. What the f**k is that all about ? I spend toooooo much on music every year and hear this guy gives me the top 60 ?

Me thinks I need an MP3 player to catch up with everyone else and save a packet at the same time.

santaponsasaint

One of my all time best albums is Straight Shooter, absolutely superb a real classic. The cover you use Bad Co is not to bad ether. In the late 70s me and a few mates went up to Glasgow Apollo to see Bad Co expecting to jump around to one of Rock and roll greats. Instead we got a full concert of really slow songs with a few songs at the end faster. Everyone in the Apollo was in there seats from start to finish. The first rock band I had seen where everybody was sitting in there seats from start to the end, weird or what , as sixteen year olds we thought we were going to jump about.

The most boring concert I have ever seen was the same year at the Apollo. It was Don Maclean as I loved American Pie at the time. Ho man sleeping tablets or what. The wildest night at the Apollo for me was the Stranglers , now that was rock'roll. The Stranglers that night told the audience to kick f**k out of the bouncers.

santaponsasaint

One of my all time best albums is Straight Shooter, absolutely superb a real classic. The cover you use Bad Co is not to bad ether. In the late 70s me and a few mates went up to Glasgow Apollo to see Bad Co expecting to jump around to one of Rock and roll greats. Instead we got a full concert of really slow songs with a few songs at the end faster. Everyone in the Apollo was in there seats from start to finish. The first rock band I had seen where everybody was sitting in there seats from start to the end, weird or what , as sixteen year olds we thought we were going to jump about.

The most boring concert I have ever seen was the same year at the Apollo. It was Don Maclean as I loved American Pie at the time. Ho man sleeping tablets or what. The wildest night at the Apollo for me was the Stranglers , now that was rock'roll. The Stranglers that night told the audience to kick f**k out of the bouncers.

196903[/snapback]

Never had the chance to see Bad Co live just love the music, seen paul rodgers solo live 6 years ago he was brill, just a great rock singer the mans a legend IE FREE enough said

Guest 1001th Member!

I'm listening to morton fans thinking they wis robbed on tuesday night.........

So f**kin what! over! done with! ..............wha?

meanwhile.................... GET IT UP YEE'S!

Saints for the double! :rolleyes: