I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

That's me got 24 Rush albums on my I-Pod, 5 of which are doubles and 1 treble, they tend to pop up in shuffle mode...................

I was listening to the Angelic Upstarts today in Morrisons today when I met a female from the Paisley Punk Brigade of many moons ago, whom I've not seen for over 15 years and who was at the Upstarts' gigs at the Bungalow with us back in the day, very spooky......................

And she's a granny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BongoVonBudvar

I was listening to the Angelic Upstarts today in Morrisons today when I met a female from the Paisley Punk Brigade of many moons ago, whom I've not seen for over 15 years and who was at the Upstarts' gigs at the Bungalow with us back in the day, very spooky......................

Did you ever go to the Silver Thread on Monday nights ? Also the back hall at Friershall on a Sunday night. I used to do the indi music there for years and then at the weekends it was funk at Chaplins.

In the 80's my mate Stewart Jack had a band called "Premature Burial" They used to play places like Night Moves in Glasgow and got support slots with Hawkwind and the early days of the Clash.The band took a full double decker bus to largs from Paisley when they did a gig in Largs... The Clash wanted them to join them down in London. Stewart Jack is one of the best lead guitarists I have ever heard. He used to use all sorts of pedal effects to his guitar. Years later Stewart formed a band called Cloud 9 and out of 8 thousand tapes submitted to the Jackie Brambles show in radio one Cloud 9 were only one of five bands picked to go into a studio. In band fighting put an end to any deals being made by AR guys. Some guy Stewart , sadly he passed away just before Christmas with throat cancer at the age of 42.. He loved his hot pipe too much.

Did you ever go to the Silver Thread on Monday nights ? Also the back hall at Friershall on a Sunday night. I used to do the indi music there for years and then at the weekends it was funk at Chaplins.

In the 80's my mate Stewart Jack had a band called "Premature Burial" They used to play places like Night Moves in Glasgow and got support slots with Hawkwind and the early days of the Clash.The band took a full double decker bus to largs from Paisley when they did a gig in Largs... The Clash wanted them to join them down in London. Stewart Jack is one of the best lead guitarists I have ever heard. He used to use all sorts of pedal effects to his guitar.  Years later Stewart formed a band called Cloud 9 and out of 8 thousand tapes submitted to the Jackie Brambles show in radio one Cloud 9 were only one of five bands picked to go into a studio. In band fighting put an end to any deals being made by AR guys. Some guy Stewart , sadly he passed away just before Christmas with throat cancer at the age of 42.. He loved his hot pipe too much.

245013[/snapback]

I knew Stuart when he was in a band called Indicipline with Jim Devine, Les (St Mirren's No 1 stoner fan) Clelland and Gary (?) the band's drummer who was blind........

Hadn't seen him for years, his cousin Gavin is a mate of HSS and moi and he told us of his passing...............

And you're not wrong about his effects pedals, I remember them being a major source of dispute with the other band members as Stuart was a tad forceful regarding his guitar sound..............

I knew Stuart when he was in a band called Indicipline with Jim Devine, Les (St Mirren's No 1 stoner fan) Clelland and Gary (?) the band's drummer who was blind........

Hadn't seen him for years, his cousin Gavin is a mate of HSS and moi and he told us of his passing...............

And you're not wrong about his effects pedals, I remember them being a major source of dispute with the other band members as Stuart was a tad forceful regarding his guitar sound..............

245049[/snapback]

The blind drummer you're thinking about, was it no Brian Baestoe, from gallowhill?

Does Les still take in Saints games I have not seen him for years ?

Need to have a beer with you sometime before a game.

The blind drummer you're thinking about, was it no Brian Baestoe, from gallowhill?

NS, His name is Gary and was from Foxbar. He lost his sight during the Indicipline days. Can you imagin going blind in your teens after having good eye sight. It was due to some cream he was putting on his face. The Drummer from Def Leaperd sent Gary a letter to stick with the drums which he did. Came back better than ever :)

Does Les still take in Saints games I have not seen him for years ?

Need to have a beer with you sometime before a game.

NS, His name is Gary and was from Foxbar. He lost his sight during the Indicipline days. Can you imagin going blind in your teens after having good eye sight. It was due to some cream he was putting on his face. The Drummer from Def Leaperd sent Gary a letter to stick with the drums which he did. Came back better than ever  :)

245106[/snapback]

Not the same guy, Brian was born blind, helluva drummer though, and no bad on the guitar as well, stayed in Marjory Drive.

:o ????? I thought you hated them!!!

245046[/snapback]

And Then There Were Three - Six of the belt for santaponsasaint! :rolleyes:

245127[/snapback]

:lol:

I quite like that album as well. One of my fave Genesis tracks is Burning Rope. Does that mean I'm now as cool as SPS? :blink::rolleyes:

..........and then there were three,

Howard, santaponsa and me........

Currently listening to Dial-a-Song - The Best Of....They Might Be Giants:)

245156[/snapback]

its only genesis album like :lol: not quite as cool as me yet greg but your getting there as we spoke about on saturday,,,,,and then there was two :lol: im to cool fur you and greg bud B) thought you knew that mr baker man :lol: