I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Fúckin' great song.

Monday morning

Eighteen years of dawning

I say "how long?"

One of many on that album. Tbh the first U2 album i bought was October, this was after seeing them on a show on BBC2. I think it was called Rock goes to College. They were on with SLF and they were the understudy. Been going for over 26 years? i hope they dont turn into Rolling Stones and know when to call it a day.

Pet Shop Boys, they murdered Where The Streets Have No Name as well

That version is class...I remember U2 were quoted as saying after it "What did we do to deserve this?" :lol:

Besides, it's one of two inspirations for me popularising the doo-doo's immediately before "We Love You Kirky...", as well as the early pub scene in the Deer Hunter. :D

That version is class...I remember U2 were quoted as saying after it "What did we do to deserve this?" :lol:

I thought that was funny as f*ck. The Pet Shop Boys were being very critical of U2, saying they represented all that they didn’t like about music, stadium rock and such like, so they went way over the top with it.

Bono was asked what he thought about what the PSB said, the press thinking they’d get a juicy slagging match, and his answer was merely, “what have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?â€. :lol:

I thought that was funny as f*ck. The Pet Shop Boys were being very critical of U2, saying they represented all that they didn’t like about music, stadium rock and such like, so they went way over the top with it.

Bono was asked what he thought about what the PSB said, the press thinking they’d get a juicy slagging match, and his answer was merely, “what have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?â€. :lol:

Aye that's it Greig...wasn't it during the whole U2 vs Simple Minds thing or am I remembering wrong?