I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Okay so what do you reckon is a Maiden classic?

To be honest, I don't particularly like the term "classic" as it implies something that can't be disputed, when of course it can.

NOTB gets points off for Gangland and Run To The Hills. Not bad songs but stop it being a personal favourite album of theirs.

I'd rate Iron Maiden, Piece Of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son and Dance Of Death higher than NOTB although that's not to say it isn't a great album.

Everyone has different favourite Maiden albums and every single Maiden album has amazing songs on it and that's what makes them a great band.

Edited by Thorizaar

Spear of Destiny - Mickey

Flippin' 'eck! Not heard that in AGES! :o

22 Acacia Avenue

Iron Maiden

Phantom of The Opera

Aces High

were all pretty good. :)

I meant albums, ya berk! <_<

To be honest, I don't particularly like the term "classic" as it implies something that can't be disputed, when of course it can.

NOTB gets points off for Gangland and Run To The Hills. Not bad songs but stop it being a personal favourite album of theirs.

I'd rate Iron Maiden, Piece Of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son and Dance Of Death higher than NOTB although that's not to say it isn't a great album.

Everyone has different favourite Maiden albums and every single Maiden album has amazing songs on it and that's what makes them a great band.

Are you a professional fence sitter? :ph34r:

Flippin' 'eck! Not heard that in AGES! :o

I meant albums, ya berk! <_<

Are you a professional fence sitter? :ph34r:

Oooooh....get her. :P

The first one was magic.... Iron Maiden.Classic tunes although the production on it was shite.And Paul Di'anno cannae sing f**k all.

Seven son of a seventh son was good too.

Great Live band.Saw them at Donnington and they were awesome. B):headbang

And Paul Di'anno cannae sing f**k all.

And not the smartest either. Sold his rights to his Maiden work for £50,000 when he left, snorted it away and now 24 years later earns his crust touring, mostly playing Maiden covers while slagging off everything about them and paying them for the privilege!!

And not the smartest either. Sold his rights to his Maiden work for £50,000 when he left, snorted it away and now 24 years later earns his crust touring, mostly playing Maiden covers while slagging off everything about them and paying them for the privilege!!

Yeah.....what a donkey.

What was the script with that dude from Wolfsbane taking over the vocals.Shocking state of affairs.

What was the script with that dude from Wolfsbane taking over the vocals.Shocking state of affairs.

Well, his voice didn't really fit but there are still some great songs on the albums he sang on and he did pull them off better live. Having said that, the difference in quality when Bruce sings those songs now is just quite incredible.

Overall though, it didn't really do Maiden much harm and did Blaze the world of good as he's now doing very well in certain territories and made a clean break from Maiden.

Well, his voice didn't really fit but there are still some great songs on the albums he sang on and he did pull them off better live. Having said that, the difference in quality when Bruce sings those songs now is just quite incredible.

Overall though, it didn't really do Maiden much harm and did Blaze the world of good as he's now doing very well in certain territories and made a clean break from Maiden.

Yeah?....fair play to the guy then.Must confess I haven't heard any of the stuff he sang.Maiden without Bruce just wouldn't be Maiden though.Is Nikko still doing the Sooty thing? :lol:

Yeah?....fair play to the guy then.Must confess I haven't heard any of the stuff he sang.Maiden without Bruce just wouldn't be Maiden though.Is Nikko still doing the Sooty thing? :lol:

Bruce isn't the most important person in Maiden.

Nicko still has sooty attached to his drumkit at gigs.

Bruce isn't the most important person in Maiden.

Nicko still has sooty attached to his drumkit at gigs.

Naa....I guess you'd need to give that to Steve Harris seeing as he writes most of the stuff.It's a fair shout to say that you would be hard pushed to beat some of the artwork on Maiden Album covers though.

Just in from work and got the 1990 House of Love album on (Calling all your albums by the same name is sooo last century).

Shine On, Beatles and the Stones, In a Room, 32nd Floor, Don't know why I love you, all classics and all sixteen years old. I was sixteen when i bought it. Damm you Stella. Where did the all the time go...?

dont know what your talking about, me and becka went to see starsailor earlier in the year and they where superb, you need to get out more AL :lol:

:lol: .....Tell me with a straight face that Silence is Easy is an up-beat little number then. :P