I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Raconteurs - Broken Boy Solders

Jack White of the White Stripes new band which he say's will be long term and not a one off project. The sound is completely different from the White Stripes rock that is in your face.Raconteurs has more a classic sound to it which sounds familiar.

Enjoyable i'm glad I bought it.

Just caught up with this one. Bernard; Swansway???? Bloody hell! Not heard of them for about two flamin’ decades!

Maggie that sang with them was a big ride, if memory serves correct. I know it wasn’t Swansway but I always liked No Memory.

Thirty quid to see New Order? Hmmmm. Ach awright, then.

By the way, Bud, I think that would be Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac that did that….damn! too late. :rolleyes:

Just caught up with this one. Bernard; Swansway???? Bloody hell! Not heard of them for about two flamin’ decades!

Maggie that sang with them was a big ride, if memory serves correct. I know it wasn’t Swansway but I always liked No Memory.

Thirty quid to see New Order? Hmmmm. Ach awright, then.

By the way, Bud, I think that would be Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac that did that….damn! too late. :rolleyes:

In yer face Martin. :double:lol:

Neil Young - Living With War :headbang

No compromises, in either the lyrics or music (Take heed Springsteen) this is an album worth getting even if your not an NY fan.

PS - Is there anyone out there in the ether with anything positive to say about The Seeger Sessions (Bruce Springsteen).

Neil Young - Living With War :headbang

No compromises, in either the lyrics or music (Take heed Springsteen) this is an album worth getting even if your not an NY fan.

PS - Is there anyone out there in the ether with anything positive to say about The Seeger Sessions (Bruce Springsteen).

Yep. Saw him on BBC2 on Saturday night and thought he was excellent. There are, of course, different ways of putting your point across. Woody Guthrie didn’t need the aggression to say what he had to say; Neil Young, on the other hand, enhances a lot of his stuff with the raggedness of how he executes the music. He’s never been a man that was afraid to point the finger, be judgemental and pour out scorn and bile (listen to On The Beach for a kick off on that one).

Bruce, however, has always dealt more with the effects on the individual on the front line, hence a bit more of a humanitarian feel to his work. Rarely, if ever, has Springsteen displayed any righteous rage – in fact, probably the most vitriolic he got was on the song Born in the USA – more an understanding of the effects of politics and situations on people. Some of the lyrics on last years Devils & Dust empathise with that as much as anything on The Ghost of Tom Joad or on the masterpiece that is Nebraska.

Both are equally valid in my view and both say what they feel in their own way.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes