I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Correct. The most boring thread ever on the forum. A long, long, long procession of people trotting out tedious album and song titles - most of which naebody has ever heard of - and HHIBSS responding "Yeah, great tune" to every one. I tried to put it out of its misery once, but the fecker refused to die .......

Sorry, Bill, I dunno that one, although it’s a helluva long title for a song. Who’s it by?

Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death

Good old guitar rock done at its best from these oldes. Great album B)

Got that album recently and I’m well impressed. Dunno if it’s a return to form as I haven’t heard recent stuff but it’s rather good to say the least.

Got that album recently and I’m well impressed. Dunno if it’s a return to form as I haven’t heard recent stuff but it’s rather good to say the least.

How you doing Grieg. long time no see.

Clearly blackandwhitearmy has it’s music lovers. The fellow buddies who can’t understand such a thread just need to look how many posts have been made. Am I writing in writing that it is the longest running thread? The Brittish music industry is one of the largest in the world and generates one of the government’s biggest incomes through tax.

I consider myself a music fan with an over the top collection all filed under alphabetical order otherwise It would take too much time to find what I am looking for. MP3 players are helping however. I was going to add that I still hear music I have never heard through mates and the like that still get me excited and want to buy.

Long Live Rock And Roll

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

I never considered them to go off form too much. Other than a couple of badly sung albums in the 90s aside, it's all been great, and even those albums have their place.

What do you mean by recent? Just since Dickinson rejoined? Previous album "Dance Of Death" is a must have in my opinion. "A Matter Of Life And Death" is superb but I rate "Dance Of Death" slightly higher which I rate as one of their best of all time.

Edited by Thorizaar

Am I writing in writing that it is the longest running thread?

No.

You're writing in wee binary pulses/non-pulses of energy that are (through a rather spiffingly ingenius process) converted into letter-like images on a computer screen that we can all read.

I hope this helps. :)

Don't Bring Me Down - The Pretty Things

(Cannae get the image of a pink suit out of my mind... :wink: )

And... is the Weather Report thread not a bit longer...? Must check...

edit: I'm Listening To... 138 pages started on aug25 2005

Weather Report 370 pages started on Feb 9, 2004

It's STILL dry here.

Edited by chingford

I never considered them to go off form too much. Other than a couple of badly sung albums in the 90s aside, it's all been great, and even those albums have their place.

What do you mean by recent? Just since Dickinson rejoined? Previous album "Dance Of Death" is a must have in my opinion. "A Matter Of Life And Death" is superb but I rate "Dance Of Death" slightly higher which I rate as one of their best of all time.

Well, to be honest I heard little of the stuff after Seventh Son; Holy Smoke & Bring Your Daughter… being about the only ones. And I heard absolutely none of the stuff they did with Blaize Bailey. Brave New World I have considered in shelling out for but haven’t yet.

I’d just kind of drifted off and lost contact with them and got involved in other stuff. Certainly I'd dig out Powerslave or the first labum or whatever and give it a listen and appreciate them but wasn't really keeping tabs on their situation.

Then a few years back I picked up a Kerrang! special edition about them and that kind of piqued my interest again. I heard some of the stuff on the new one and gave myself a bit of a shake (ooer missus!) and got it, and I think we’re pals again. It's feckin' excellent, so I think BNW & Dance of Death may be next in line.

Good old Maiden.

No.

You're writing in wee binary pulses/non-pulses of energy that are (through a rather spiffingly ingenius process) converted into letter-like images on a computer screen that we can all read.

I hope this helps. :)

Don't Bring Me Down - The Pretty Things

(Cannae get the image of a pink suit out of my mind... :wink: )

And... is the Weather Report thread not a bit longer...? Must check...

edit: I'm Listening To... 138 pages started on aug25 2005

Weather Report 370 pages started on Feb 9, 2004

It's STILL dry here.

Just about got that Ching :D Thanks for keeping me right, or is it write white night right :P

You should also add the recent "Rock In Rio" and "Death On The Road" live DVDs to that list! You won't be disappointed!!

I think I'll be the judge of what does and doesn't disappoint me, young man. :angry: Er... :blink::rolleyes:

I think The Fall may soon catch up with the same amount of albums as Frank Zappa. Mind you, he's been deid for over a decade. Still doesn't stop him being very talented. :)