I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

The Barron Knights were more into changing the lyrics of known hit songs, while HMHB wrote their own stuff.

Borrowing lyrics without which the music doesn't really stand up. Come on - without the silly witty titles would anyone listen to them. I probably owe The Barron Knights an apology as at least they didn't need that erstwhile Marc Bolan groupie John Peel to attract public interest!

Come on - without the silly witty titles would anyone listen to them.

Course they would. Is "Sealclubbing" a silly title? No. Does it have the wonderful line, "There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of a slipper with a biro on a Saturday night instead of going to the pub"? Yes.

Case closed. HMHB are funny as f**k and you have no sense of humour. End of story.

Next! :rolleyes:

Borrowing lyrics without which the music doesn't really stand up. Come on - without the silly witty titles would anyone listen to them. I probably owe The Barron Knights an apology as at least they didn't need that erstwhile Marc Bolan groupie John Peel to attract public interest!

It would've been difficult for John Peel to give them (The BKs) airplay as he was in USA in 1960 and worked there until 1967. The Barron Knights had their first hit in 1964. I do agree that HMHB probably would not have been so big if JP had not given them radio exposure. Still some good tunes from them though. :)

Course they would. Is "Sealclubbing" a silly title? No. Does it have the wonderful line, "There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of a slipper with a biro on a Saturday night instead of going to the pub"? Yes.

Case closed. HMHB are funny as f**k and you have no sense of humour. End of story.

Next! :rolleyes:

I'm having a disscussion with you which rather blows that particular arguement out of the water! :P

Edited by Bud the Baker