I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Happy Mondays "Unkle Dysfunktional"

First album for 15 years from the Salford narcotic munchers - ridiculous stuff, but very enjoyable (just don't expect them to be touring with Coldplay).

Hmmmmm.....

Any good? Bit unsure of whether or not to potentially disappoint myself...

Better to listen to their REALLY good stuff perhaps, 'Squirrel And G Man...' 'Kuff Dam' anyone...? B)

In fact, It's on now!

You put me in the mood!!

:D

My favourite of theirs was "Bummed" - a mate of mine opened out the gatefold sleeve on a rush hour train in Glasgow in 89.............. :P (you'll know why I'm still laughing if you saw the inner sleeve, and imagine him reading the track listing whilst the 2 wee office birds sitting opposite got an eyeful of "The Fat Lady Wrestler" :lol:

New CD is surprisingly good (produced by Howie B), and even includes Ry Cooder on a track called "c**try Music". Touch of class.

My favourite of theirs was "Bummed" - a mate of mine opened out the gatefold sleeve on a rush hour train in Glasgow in 89.............. :P (you'll know why I'm still laughing if you saw the inner sleeve, and imagine him reading the track listing whilst the 2 wee office birds sitting opposite got an eyeful of "The Fat Lady Wrestler" :lol:

New CD is surprisingly good (produced by Howie B), and even includes Ry Cooder on a track called "c**try Music". Touch of class.

I remember her well...

Can't beat their early really raw stuff for me though.

Either that or the dance re-mixes of their big tunes.

B)

I remember her well...

Can't beat their early really raw stuff for me though.

Either that or the dance re-mixes of their big tunes.

B)

Aye, I agree. The Re-mix of Loose Fit was ace, as was 24 Hour Party People. This new CD is varied (to put it mildly), and was CD of the week in Tesco last week (I don't think the conglomerate was checking out the packaging too well though). Worth a punt @ £8.72 !

www.happymondaysonline.com (not for the faint-hearted)

Aye, I agree. The Re-mix of Loose Fit was ace, as was 24 Hour Party People. This new CD is varied (to put it mildly), and was CD of the week in Tesco last week (I don't think the conglomerate was checking out the packaging too well though). Worth a punt @ £8.72 !

www.happymondaysonline.com (not for the faint-hearted)

CD of the week in Tesco!! :lol:

It's not quite got the same ring to it as 'The hottest record in the world' on Zane Lowe... :D