I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Visited the Red Lion folk club (not quite cold enough for the Arran sweater yet) last Saturday night and listened to Roy Bailey & John Kirkpatrick. They're basically a couple of old lefties. Kirkpatrick is the finest accordion player I've ever heard, and Roy Bailey has done and still does words and music evenings with Tony Benn.

Anyway, the thing that stuck in my mind was Roy Bailey's solo rendition of a Richard Thompson song called "Bee's Wing". A melancholy and wistful lament for a lost love, it was softly and beautifully rendered and was quite the most beautiful thing I've heard for some years. One of Thompson's very best. There's a wee YouTube vid of him (RT) singing it HERE. More than worth passing on - I hope you enjoy it.

Edited by Crispian Crunchie

The Zoo - Scorpions. Great song, great band. :headbang indeed.

Good God HHIBSS..........Teutonic Oaf Metal at its worst. I once saw them at the Playhouse........left after 25 minutes to go and get p*shed. At least The Darkness were funny....for about 10 seconds.

Anyway.....

51ISIso2jEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Edited by Big Fras

Good God HHIBSS..........Teutonic Oaf Metal at its worst. I once saw them at the Playhouse........left after 25 minutes to go and get p*shed. At least The Darkness were funny....for about 10 seconds.

I'm guessing that (1) you're not a fan and (2) you've never heard that song. :wink: