I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

The only time I heard him do that was in the Barrowlands about 20yrs ago , I could hardly believe he'd cover a Corries song (allthough I have heard him cover the Wayward Wind since :rolleyes: ).

Do you have said track on a disc ? If so whats it called?

Re-issued collectors edition of Room to Roam. Also includes Wayward Wind, as well as out-takes from the original and different versions of In Search of a Rose and A Man is in Love. Forgot how much I liked that album.

You know about shoving things up yer own heen end do you?

:blink:Bill Lees Crispian Crunchie is your man for anal topics*.

Edited to add:- *No, that's not a pseudonym for jobbies.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Re-issued collectors edition of Room to Roam. Also includes Wayward Wind, as well as out-takes from the original and different versions of In Search of a Rose and A Man is in Love. Forgot how much I liked that album.

Cheers for that ,Greg Howard . Not my favourite Waterboys album , however the only bit I'm not keen on is the track sang by the "fellow who fiddles" , he is better sticking to the fiddle. B)

Edited to add have now ordered said item , didn't know it had been released :mellow:

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Cheers for that ,Greg Howard . Not my favourite Waterboys album , however the only bit I not keen on is the track sang by the "fellow who fiddles" , he is better sticking to the fiddle. B)

That'll be Upon the Wind and Waves. Yes, I think you're thoroughly correct in that one.

It's not my favourite Waterboys album either but it's got good memories for me. When I went to uni I'd just chucked my job to do so and had a few days spare to kick around before termm started. My older brother & I still lived at my mum & dad's but he was on holiday and his car was sitting there idle. So I grabbed some gear, took the car and went to Kintyre, my old man's birthplace, as I hadn't been there for a while. I stuck on Room to Roam and drove all over the place including right up in the cliffs on the Mull looking over to County Antrim. It was September and the weather was lovely and I was standing in Scotland looking towards Ireland and I had this new found freedom.

Whenever I hear A Bigger Picture I think of the rolling waters or if it's Further Up Further In it's driving up to Carradale to see my aunt & uncle. I suppose it's what you make of it, and I know it's not their best set of songs, but I love that album for the memories it evokes.

Favourite Waterboys album, by the way, is This Is the Sea, closely followed by A Pagan Place.

(By the way, my name's spelt with an "I". :))

That'll be Upon the Wind and Waves. Yes, I think you're thoroughly correct in that one.

It's not my favourite Waterboys album either but it's got good memories for me. When I went to uni I'd just chucked my job to do so and had a few days spare to kick around before termm started. My older brother & I still lived at my mum & dad's but he was on holiday and his car was sitting there idle. So I grabbed some gear, took the car and went to Kintyre, my old man's birthplace, as I hadn't been there for a while. I stuck on Room to Roam and drove all over the place including right up in the cliffs on the Mull looking over to County Antrim. It was September and the weather was lovely and I was standing in Scotland looking towards Ireland and I had this new found freedom.

Whenever I hear A Bigger Picture I think of the rolling waters or if it's Further Up Further In it's driving up to Carradale to see my aunt & uncle. I suppose it's what you make of it, and I know it's not their best set of songs, but I love that album for the memories it evokes.

Favourite Waterboys album, by the way, is This Is the Sea, closely followed by A Pagan Place.

It is indeed Upon the Wind and Waves . Yeh , I don't think Steve sang again after that .

By the time the album was released the band was already in meltdown and despite her picture being on the sleeve , I think Scott had already sacked Sharon Shannon much to the disconcertion of one Steve Wickham who was a personal friend of the lassie and had introduced her to Scott . This led to Scott questioning his future as a muscian .

I met him in Edinburgh when he did his first solo tour , and realising he didn't want to talk about the disintegration of the band we talked about the wealth of unreleased material he had and he said he planned to release it as a box-set including T'wa Recruiting Sergeants! After that we had the gradual release of the re-masters with the unreleased stuff trickling out on disc two . Now 13 years later we finally have the Wayward Wind and Twa Recruiting Sergreants :P

It's great to have a soundtrack to great trips you have taken and it makes the songs a bit more special when you hear them again.

Spelling was never my strong point(can't get the spell check on here either0 and I've never really became competent at typing.

Nice post, Igreg. It's good when even ordinary albums can become classic due to the memories they evoke on a personal level. Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side of the Moon" is my favourite for such reminisces of my bygone years, but as they involve illicit substances, alcohol and a 36 year old woman with an affection for whipped cream, I couldn't possibly relate the events on a family website. :wink:

Nice post, Igreg. It's good when even ordinary albums can become classic due to the memories they evoke on a personal level. Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side of the Moon" is my favourite for such reminisces of my bygone years, but as they involve illicit substances, alcohol and a 36 year old woman with an affection for whipped cream, I couldn't possibly relate the events on a family website. :wink:

:lol::lol::lol: Nice one Derek!

Because the Night by Patti Smith (MANY years after it was released) holds similar memories for me, alterations being that she was 39, there was an absence of narcotics and substitue the whipped cream for a very sexy pair of black leather boots. :oohlala