I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

I love Helterskelter...... Quite agressive for the Beatles...

McCartney has used this song as a response to critics who accuse him of only writing ballads.

On 20 November 1968, two days before the release of The Beatles, McCartney gave Radio Luxembourg an exclusive interview, in which he commented on several of the album’s songs. Speaking of "Helter Skelter," he said the following:

Umm, that came about just 'cuz I'd read a review of a record which said, "and this group really got us wild, there's echo on everything, they're screaming their heads off." And I just remember thinking, "Oh, it'd be great to do one. Pity they've done it. Must be great — really screaming record." And then I heard their record and it was quite straight, and it was very sort of sophisticated. It wasn't rough and screaming and tape echo at all. So I thought, "Oh well, we'll do one like that, then." And I had this song called "Helter Skelter," which is just a ridiculous song. So we did it like that, 'cuz I like noise.

Edited by Barry Proudfoot

Elvis... A CD my dad made lol...... GEEK

The other week I bought one of my buds a couple of almost life size Elvis wall hangings(£1.75 @ Asda) for a giraffe............

As he was seeing if one fitted the spot next to his window bay, the only dead cabaret singer tune on his i-pod played while it was on shuffle from a selection of over 2000 tunes...............

The Stooges - No Fun

They made Punk!!!

In a musical mood are we lol :lol:

ye the Stooges were mental....

I love Bowie but not too into young americans, more into the 60's to mid 70's stuff i.e Life on Mars, Changes and Jean geenie....

Greebday, Good untill American idiot.... I wasnt into warning when it forst came out (I was 12) but I now see there was some great material. My fav Greenday song is "Redundant".

• 2 weeks later...