I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Ever wonder what the feck a polk salad is?

Er... naw.

It's a herb growing freely in southern US.

Just like in uk hedgerows, you can gather dandelion, nettle, nasturtium, rocket etc

Never tasted polk, though.

And in another clip I once saw, of TJW singing this with someone Cash, they talk of other 'uses' if there's too much to eat.

Edited by bluto

Tony Joe White - Polk Salad Annie (1969)

Can't recall why I used to love this... unsure.gif

Takes forever to get started...

Got into rolleyes.gif Tony Joe White after hearing As The Crow Flies on Rory Gallacher's Irish Tour '74 album.

Currently listening to He's Misstra Know-It-All by Stevie Wonder (who else?). Innervisions is by far his best album but he's an artist who benefits from the skip function on your CD player.

PS - Listen to Innervisions and decide for yourself who made the biggest contibution to Synthesizers in pop/rock -certainly not those camp duos in Synth Brittania or the up-their-own-arses Germans in Krautrock (two recently shown and dissapointing BBC4 programs). If you want to learn about the genesis (sic) of synthesizers in pop/rock music then the best way to start is by googling Mike Pinder.