I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

The Captain - Biffy Clyro... sad.gif

A poor effort it has to be said...must do better lads!

Heard a bit of their new stuff on Vic Galloway last night and thought it sounded not bad, actually.

Currently listening to He's Misstra Know-It-All by Stevie Wonder (who else?). Innervisions is by far his best album but he's an artist who benefits from the skip function on your CD player.

Definitely a fave Stevie Wonder track.

PS - Listen to Innervisions and decide for yourself who made the biggest contibution to Synthesizers in pop/rock -certainly not those camp duos in Synth Brittania or the up-their-own-arses Germans in Krautrock (two recently shown and dissapointing BBC4 programs). If you want to learn about the genesis (sic) of synthesizers in pop/rock music then the best way to start is by googling Mike Pinder.

Pete Townshend. wink.gif

The Captain - Biffy Clyro... sad.gif

A poor effort it has to be said...must do better lads!

Nah, sorry, mate, you're wrong. Q Magazine have heard of them now and gave them four stars so even if you've been into them for years it no longer matters what you think, it must be a good album cos they said so. wink.gif

Nah, sorry, mate, you're wrong. Q Magazine have heard of them now and gave them four stars so even if you've been into them for years it no longer matters what you think, it must be a good album cos they said so. wink.gif

Got Only Revolutions the other day...and I'm pleased to report that The Captain is just a bit of a blip on an otherwise solid album...

Still don't get why it was released though, suppose they've always done things differently, that's whats made them good in the past...

Mon the Biffy...

Not a patch on the original.

Not a patch on the original.

Fúck me! It's a cloth-eared git! ohmy.gif

Got Only Revolutions the other day...and I'm pleased to report that The Captain is just a bit of a blip on an otherwise solid album...

Still don't get why it was released though, suppose they've always done things differently, that's whats made them good in the past...

Mon the Biffy...

Fair dos.smile.gif

Fúck me! It's a cloth-eared git! ohmy.gif

The White Album by The Beatles was a return to basics after the sophicticated and production dominated Sgt. Pepper (as ever The Beatles got there first) and altho' it rambles on (sic) in places it remains a masterpiece and the fact that a little known post-punk combo decided to cover a couple of the tracks only shows who are the masters and who the pupils - a bit like me and you, but keep trying and maybe one day.............

Currently listening to Holy Diver in preparation for Saturday night's gig

Edited by Bud the Baker

The White Album by The Beatles was a return to basics after the sophicticated and production dominated Sgt. Pepper (as ever The Beatles got there first) and altho' it rambles on (sic) in places it remains a masterpiece and the fact that a little known post-punk combo decided to cover a couple of the tracks only shows who are the masters and who the pupils - a bit like me and you, but keep trying and maybe one day.............

Currently listening to Holy Diver in preparation for Saturday night's gig

What is this "White Album" of which you speak?blink.gif

What have you done..........

Whoah-oh, Horny Howard what have you done?

That wouldn't be a pastiche of a song by the name of Sexy Sadie by 60's beat combo The Beatles from the double album of the same name mistakenly referred to by the less knowledgable as the "White Album", by any chance, would it?

Thanks for that, but I still think it's boring, poncy shite just waiting for a decent band to take a hold of it and do something decent with it. :P