I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Maybe a new thread but what's the worst band you've ever seen? For me it has to be the Ramones. Truly useless, played what sounded like the same song 23 times, remarkably never once in tune/time. I know music's subjective, but they must be the most overrated pop group of all time whose current iconic status bears no relation to the joke they were at the time.

and I paid £2.50 to get in.... (I'd have paid double to get out)

You always go back to the classics - Cosmic Dancer from Marc Bolan's Electric Warrior album, now 40 years old.

Agreed, as I get older the more i go back to the stuff I listened to as a kid/teen. First single I bought was Jean Genie and one by Sweet I think, possibly Blockbuster. from the record dept upstairs at Menzies? at the cenotaph possibly. I must have been around 10... First single as a teenager was Pretty Vacant (same shop) which was very exciting at the time. First album bought and still my favourite - Animals.

I remember running home from school to watch 'Marc' tv show on the telly some time in the 70s. Brilliant guests - Bowie, the fantastic Gen X, the Jam and the great (adopts Jimmy Saville voice) Showaddywaddy. Must have been '77 or so. Ah.

Agreed, as I get older the more i go back to the stuff I listened to as a kid/teen. First single I bought was Jean Genie and one by Sweet I think, possibly Blockbuster. from the record dept upstairs at Menzies? at the cenotaph possibly. I must have been around 10... First single as a teenager was Pretty Vacant (same shop) which was very exciting at the time. First album bought and still my favourite - Animals.

I remember running home from school to watch 'Marc' tv show on the telly some time in the 70s. Brilliant guests - Bowie, the fantastic Gen X, the Jam and the great (adopts Jimmy Saville voice) Showaddywaddy. Must have been '77 or so. Ah.

My first single was Marc Bolan's Get it On and the first elpee that I bought was Slayed by Slade - think I'll dig out the latter CD if only to hear.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gPulu85q04

Edited by Bud the Baker

My first single was Marc Bolan's Get it On and the first elpee that I bought was Slayed by Slade - think I'll dig out the latter CD if only to hear.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gPulu85q04

Knuckles cover? Think my brother had it. We still cite Slade Alive as one the greatest ever live hard rock albums. I saw them once years ago joint headlining with Motorhead. They blew even them away (and Motorhead were VERY loud). top band, seriously uinderrated due to silly spelling and Merry Xmas everybody. I read the other day that Noddy was supposed to replace Bon Scott in AC/DC but he declined.