I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Ahem

Better watch it, Gary. Folk'll be getting on to you about listening to obscure stuff. :rolleyes:

212937[/snapback]

it was a friend of mine she give a loan of the cd and i quite liked it,shes also got another cd of there called Agaetis Byrjun, stick on my ipod and have listen,,sorry for stealing your mantle :lol::lol:

it was a friend of mine she give a loan of the cd and i quite liked it,shes also got another cd of there called Agaetis Byrjun, stick on my ipod and have listen,,sorry for stealing your mantle :lol:  :lol:

212948[/snapback]

That’s a superb piece of work. One thing about it, however, is that I bought it during the summer and was listening to it later that evening when I got the text telling me Wullie Leggat had died. So it kinda reminds me of then. :(

Still a brilliant album, though, and they are a great band. Even if only a few have heard of them, thus rendering them obscure which, by your definition, means they’re shíte. :lol:

their 'spirit of eden' album is quality  :thumbs2

213658[/snapback]

As is The Colour of Spring, It’s My Life, Natural History and Laughing Stock. The first album is merely okay. A much underrated band.

Well, bugger me. A recording quoted by Greig that I've not only heard of but own and like.  :blink:  :huh:  :rolleyes:

213651[/snapback]

You need to get out more, then. :lol:

Led Zeppelin - Over The Hills And Far Away

214830[/snapback]

One of me fave Zeppelin songs. Along with The Ocean and The Rain Song (and mibbe No Quarter) the best songs on Houses of the Holy

New Order - Low Life (no jokes please).

214832[/snapback]

One of me fave New Order albums. Didn't like it when it was re-released with a different running order in the track list. Kicking off with Love Vigilantes was the only way to do it. Still a great album, though. Not as good as Substance, but then what is?

One of me fave New Order albums. Didn't like it when it was re-released with a different running order in the track list. Kicking off with Love Vigilantes was the only way to do it. Still a great album, though. Not as good as Substance, but then what is?

214912[/snapback]

I couldn't really single out any one of their albums, they're pretty much all as good as each other!!

Not as good as Substance, but then what is?

214912[/snapback]

Bought Substance earlier this year, Gweg. Was gonnae get Waiting for the Sirens Call (or whatever that new one of theirs was called) but decided on that instead as it was being sold for a tenner in HMV.

After taking it back twice due to faulty discs I finally got a decent copy...quality stuff. B)

What others of theirs are worth getting - I'll add them to the list....