I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Bourgie Bourgie - Breaking Point.

Where did you dig that one out from?

Named after the Gladys Knight song, the bass player in this Paul Quinn led group was Paisley boy Keith Band. Keith was the wee brother of David Band who did some sleeve art for Aztec Camera under the name The Cloth - some artists collective, I think. David emigrated to Australia and last I heard in 1987 was that he did the cover art for the book Spycatcher, the "controversial" biog of Peter Wright a fomer MI5 bloke.

Keith had played in the even more obscure Jazzateers with Ian Burgoyne (also in Bourgie Bourgie) - I think they signed for Alan Horne's iconic Postcard label but didn't release their LP on that imprint due it all going pear-shaped. Their eponymous debut (and only) LP appeared on Rough Trade (Rough 46) in 1983 and featured what I am sure they thought was a clever pastiche of the Velvet Underground's eponymous debut LP.

OK OK I'm getting my anorak and I'm leaving................................

Steve Miller Band - Book Of Dreams.

This is one of my all time favrote albums. Remember as a kid playing it in my bedroom. Me with my mothers knitting needles playing the drums on my two pillows. Now I have this fantastic album in special edition. It's plated in 18crt gold which reflects better than silver Improving the sound even more.