I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Emiliana Torrini - Fisherman's Woman, quality Icelandic melodic acoustic folk pop for all of you fans of that particiualr genre out there !  :P

238177[/snapback]

Do you really reckon there's someone other than yourself and her parents...? :blink:

edit:

(Just did a search and am now listening to her and Heartstopper on an online 'acoustic chill' 'radio station'

vh1 dotcom you have to click on 'listen now'...

She's good. A good bjork... good lyrics.

ok. You, me and her parents... :) )

Edited by chingford

Do you really reckon there's someone other than yourself and her parents...? :blink:

edit:

(Just did a search and am now listening to her and Heartstopper on an online 'acoustic chill'  'radio station'

vh1 dotcom  you have to click on 'listen now'...

She's good.  A good bjork...  good lyrics.

ok.  You, me and her parents... :)  )

238236[/snapback]

I’ve heard of her but not actually heard her. I’ve been told she’s pretty good but I’ll wait until I get a listen. I mean, it’s not like anyone on this website to be judgemental or anything.....

I've usually neglected to post to this thread, preferring instead to marvel at the breadth and range of stuff that you mad feckers out there are listening to. Often I've never heard the merest whisper of the stuff some folk post (step forward, Thorizaar), but it's worthwhile because sometimes I've even been curious enough to go and find some of the stuff folk have mentioned and listen to it. Not Thorizaar, though - he obviously goes to special shops that none of the rest of us know about :P

Anyway, to make up for neglecting to post for all that time, here's a random selection from the past couple of months :

Al Di Meola : The Collection.

Paolo Conte : Elegia.

Gavin Bryars : Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet.

Jimmy Cliff : Best Of.

Hugh Masekela : Uptownship.

Al Green : Can't Stop.

Tchavolo Scmitt : Mira Familia.

Buckwheat Zydeco : On A Night Like This.

The Crusaders : Rural Renewal.

Doctor John : Duke Elegant.

Doctor John : Creole Moon.

Ben Webster : King of The Tenors.

Los Lobos : How Will The Wolf Survive ?

Sam & Dave : Best Of.

Abdullah Ibrahim : The Mountain.

Mariza : Fado Curvo.

Compay Segundo : Calle Salud.

Van Morrison : Back on Top.

Bob Dylan : Oh Mercy.

ABC : The Lexicon of Love.

Bobby Womack : Greatest.

Ruben Gonzalez : Chanchullo.

Al Di Meola : Gypsy.

I've usually neglected to post to this thread, preferring instead to marvel at the breadth and range of stuff that you mad feckers out there are listening to. Often I've never heard the merest whisper of the stuff some folk post (step forward, Thorizaar), but it's worthwhile because sometimes I've even been curious enough to go and find some of the stuff folk have mentioned and listen to it. Not Thorizaar, though - he obviously goes to special shops that none of the rest of us know about  :P

Anyway, to make up for neglecting to post for all that time, here's a random selection from the past couple of months :

238619[/snapback]

Pity you never kept neglecting it B)

I've usually neglected to post to this thread, preferring instead to marvel at the breadth and range of stuff that you mad feckers out there are listening to. Often I've never heard the merest whisper of the stuff some folk post (step forward, Thorizaar), but it's worthwhile because sometimes I've even been curious enough to go and find some of the stuff folk have mentioned and listen to it. Not Thorizaar, though - he obviously goes to special shops that none of the rest of us know about  :P

238619[/snapback]

Remind me to be washing my hair next time you have a party!

The Crusaders : Rural Renewal

238619[/snapback]

Al Di Meola??? Gavin who?! How d’ye pronounce that Scmitt’s forename? Abdullah Ibrahim? He’s a bloke in Guantanamo Bay, I’m sure. There’s a band with “Buckwheat†in their name????? You’re making these up, aren’t you? Paolo Conte played for Italy in the 1982 World Cup, for goodness sake!

SANTAPONSA SAINT! HE’S TRYIN’ TO BE MEGA COOL! GET HIM TELT!!!

Al Di Meola??? Gavin who?! How d’ye pronounce that Scmitt’s forename? Abdullah Ibrahim? He’s a bloke in Guantanamo Bay, I’m sure. There’s a band with “Buckwheat†in their name????? You’re making these up, aren’t you? Paolo Conte played for Italy in the 1982 World Cup, for goodness sake!

238743[/snapback]

You know Greig, every time I see the name Howard Hughes in Blue Suede Shoes listed as the writer of the most recent post under a thread entitled 'I'm listening to...', I'm always waiting for the post to have only three words written. Those words being...

'Shite as usual'

:P

Not Thorizaar, though - he obviously goes to special shops that none of the rest of us know about  :P

238619[/snapback]

This is true, I buy my stuff from mail order catalogues. Having said that, if I wanted to pay a minimum of £5 more for those same CDs I would say I could easily pick up about 70% of them from HMV or Virgin. I'm sure you know of those shops!! You'll find all the bands in my covers thread selection in your local high street store. Not so obscure and totally unheard of after all!! :P

Edited by Thorizaar

You know Greig, every time I see the name Howard Hughes in Blue Suede Shoes listed as the writer of the most recent post under a thread entitled 'I'm listening to...', I'm always waiting for the post to have only three words written. Those words being...

'Shite as usual'

:P

238749[/snapback]

So many compliments from the one person. :lol:

238743[/snapback]

Dont worry Greg im on the case, but dont worry mate he'll never be as cool as you :2cool