I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Across The Universe

I had confused myself! I once read this:-

TICKET TO RIDE

"An orchestral version of the song is barely audible in the fadeout at the very end of newer CD issues of the Pink Floyd album The Dark Side of the Moon. This is probably a mistake in remastering; coincidentally both The Beatles and Pink Floyd were patrons of Abbey Road Studios."

I had confused myself! I once read this:-

TICKET TO RIDE

"An orchestral version of the song is barely audible in the fadeout at the very end of newer CD issues of the Pink Floyd album The Dark Side of the Moon. This is probably a mistake in remastering; coincidentally both The Beatles and Pink Floyd were patrons of Abbey Road Studios."

Floyd's first producer (Norman Smith) had previously worked as sound engineer with The Beatles until the Rubber Soul album. In the early '70's he went on to relaese material under the name "Hurricane" Smith and had a few decent hits eg Oh Babe What Would You Say? while pushing 50 - so there's still time for some of us!

Original or Remix?

Well, I'm not sure how you can remix silence. :blink:

An echo follows the laws of acoustic dynamics so I'mnot sure how that could get remixed either. Oh wait a minute; do you mean if Paul Simon sang the verse about "Within the naked light" before the "Hello darkness my old friend" one?

Well, I'm not sure how you can remix silence. :blink:

An echo follows the laws of acoustic dynamics so I'mnot sure how that could get remixed either. Oh wait a minute; do you mean if Paul Simon sang the verse about "Within the naked light" before the "Hello darkness my old friend" one?

Deep man.............really deep!

I was only wondering if you prefered the acoustic version of The Sound of Silence or the remix with electric guitars!

For the words of the profits are written on the studio wall - concert hall!

Deep man.............really deep!

I was only wondering if you prefered the acoustic version of The Sound of Silence or the remix with electric guitars!

For the words of the profits are written on the studio wall - concert hall!

Dunno. Was it Hey Jude anyway?

Listening to The Twa Recruitin' Sergeants by The Waterboys. Stick a feather tae yer bunnet, a kilt upon yer knee, enlist bonnie lad and come awa wi' me. Och aye! :D

The only time I heard him do that was in the Barrowlands about 20yrs ago , I could hardly believe he'd cover a Corries song (allthough I have heard him cover the Wayward Wind since :rolleyes: ).

Do you have said track on a disc ? If so whats it called?