I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Japan - Ghosts

:o Shockeroonie! I dug out Oil On Canvas recently and gave that a listen. Smashin' album. I also remember some time in the 80s David Sylvian performing a version of Ghosts (cannae mind the program) accompanied only on acoustic guitar. Made me realise that it was actually a very good song. Listening to it now I realised that I liked it all along. Good choice, dmc.

:o Shockeroonie! I dug out Oil On Canvas recently and gave that a listen. Smashin' album. I also remember some time in the 80s David Sylvian performing a version of Ghosts (cannae mind the program) accompanied only on acoustic guitar. Made me realise that it was actually a very good song. Listening to it now I realised that I liked it all along. Good choice, dmc.

Agreed! Oil on Canvas is an absolutely fantastic album!!

The tunes hitting the spot this afternoon are all from Arcade Fire - Band that Sets the Standard for the New Millenium. :D

Cannae believe somebdy is slagging HHiBSS about Genesis when he's been wetting his knickers about f'k'n RUSH furfuxake. The band that set the standard for utter pish w@nked over by bagpipe-playing-penii of the last millenium. :P

Funeral is a very good album. It takes a bit of listening to as it's a bit unconventional but it's well worth getting a hold of.

Win Butler, the vocalist, sounds as if he's either in manic or panic mode. There's some great melodies and backing vocals. A bit of violin, upright piano and acousitc guitar as well as thumping bass and electric guitar that verges on funky.

Some of the drumming is a bit lopsided and the whole thing at first sounds a bit home-made but after several listens that adds to the appeal.

The tunes hitting the spot this afternoon are all from Arcade Fire - Band that Sets the Standard for the New Millenium. :D

Ahem :rolleyes:

Cannae believe somebdy is slagging HHiBSS about Genesis when he's been wetting his knickers about f'k'n RUSH furfuxake. The band that set the standard for utter pish w@nked over by bagpipe-playing-penii of the last millenium. :P

Ah, you are too kind. :)

Funeral is a very good album. It takes a bit of listening to as it's a bit unconventional but it's well worth getting a hold of.

Win Butler, the vocalist, sounds as if he's either in manic or panic mode. There's some great melodies and backing vocals. A bit of violin, upright piano and acousitc guitar as well as thumping bass and electric guitar that verges on funky.

Some of the drumming is a bit lopsided and the whole thing at first sounds a bit home-made but after several listens that adds to the appeal.

What a lot of nonsense you post HHiBSS. The album is instantly accessible. The construction is complex and beautiful; however the impact is instantaneous hence the reason most of the tracks have been ripped off by Ads / TV.

The melodies are obvious and the rythms powerhouse, hardly surprising considering the bands origins - think Zydeco!!! :D