I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

I like the version on the 3rd live double album best, though the sentiment of the second live double album version can edge your feelings and the the two versions on the forth live album are okay but the version on the fifth live album is spoiled by the mix of the crowd being too high.............

Neil Young-Harvest, brilliant

197787[/snapback]

Strange album- Harvest itself is fine- the sparse but effective needle and the damage done is first class but the Over orchestral "A man needs a maid" :ph34r:

Listening to Jacques Loussier jist now- suitable for a friday- the weans are away home and it's time to get the lab in order- a Wee bit o' Jacques helps.

Pistols in the car on the way home B)

The wildest night at the Apollo for me was the Stranglers , now that was rock'roll. The Stranglers that night told the audience to kick f**k out of the bouncers.

196903[/snapback]

I worked beside a guy some time ago and he was at a Stranglers gig at the Apollo which he said was utterly mental. When they played Nice & Sleazy the scantily clad female dancers appeared on stage, the place went nucking futs and folk were shagging in the aisles. be this the same gig, perchance?

Oh aye, and listening to It's No Good by Depeche Mode.

When they played Nice & Sleazy the scantily clad female dancers appeared on stage, the place went nucking futs and folk were shagging in the aisles.

198652[/snapback]

I'd heard about this legendary gig, too. Certainly about the strippers the Stranglers used to have, although not about the shagging in the aisles. Bearing in mind how manky the Apollo was, it sounds a tadge unhygienic to me ..... :huh:

I'd heard about this legendary gig, too. Certainly about the strippers the Stranglers used to have, although not about the shagging in the aisles. Bearing in mind how manky the Apollo was, it sounds a tadge unhygienic to me .....  :huh:

198655[/snapback]

The old apollo in renfield street was the best gig venue ever in glasgow, was also the biggest dump in glasgow,after a gig the walls where running with water,, oh the memories :lol: BTW listening to starsailor brill post-1917-1128945993.gifpost-1917-1128945993.gif

Ah the Apollo my first gig SLF support band The Alarm fecking brill

198904[/snapback]

Went to see ACDC in 1979 and def leppard support band they where 16 or 17, and went see judas priest and iron maiden where the support all at the legendry apollo, and many more over the years, f**k i sound like an auld fecker like bongo post-1917-1129038793.gifpost-1917-1129038793.gifpost-1917-1129038793.gif

Edited by santaponsasaint

Saw a lot of brilliant gigs there including The Who and Status Quo's first farewell tours!  :D 

Ever sit in the balcony? Boy did that move, not for the fainthearted!  :green

Found a website dedicated to the Apollo!

198928[/snapback]

absolutely brilliant bud,not had a chance to go thru it all, but will do later, the alex harvey stuff is what makes him a legend :clapping:clapping:headbang:headbangpost-1917-1129048604.gifpost-1917-1129048604.gif