I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Correct. I wasn't a fan of hers then I heard that album. The first classic of the current decade, as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed, I saw her a couple of times in the 90's and was never that impressed, but it is a fantastic album. The duet with Thom York is one of the many exceptional tracks.

I happened to be in Our Price in Irvine and recall hearing a track from it that had this wall of noise and her screaming over it all, and I thought "that’s feckin’ mental, who hell is that?". Found out it was her and the track was The Whores Hustle and the Hustlers Whore. So I got it and, frankly, can’t find a bad word to say about it. Particular favourites are Big Exit, This Is Love (a wonderfully filthy song), The Whores Hustle... and We Float.

Recommended listening to all Buds. :)

I happened to be in Our Price in Irvine and recall hearing a track from it that had this wall of noise and her screaming over it all, and I thought "that’s feckin’ mental, who hell is that?". Found out it was her and the track was The Whores Hustle and the Hustlers Whore. So I got it and, frankly, can’t find a bad word to say about it. Particular favourites are Big Exit, This Is Love (a wonderfully filthy song), The Whores Hustle... and We Float.

Recommended listening to all Buds. :)

I have " Stories From The City " which is a great album. Couple of years back I went to see her at the glasgow green with the Chillies and Foo Fighters. PJ was a big let down for me. To big for her. However a smaller venu would be ideal for PJ in which case I would go for sure to see her. She is the best female after Sussie Sue. For me that is.

PJ was a big let down for me. To big for her. However a smaller venu would be ideal for PJ

Agreed as well. I saw her at parkhead when she was supporting U2 on the Zooropa tour. She was terrible. Would LOVE to see her in a tiny venue. King Tuts or somewhere slightly bigger would be excellent.