I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

We Are Scientists............With Love And Squalon

Over the past few years their have been some great guitar bands coming through. We Are Scientists have one of the best debuts, a cracking album strongly recommended.

New Order play Academy Glasgow on October the 18th.

Tickets go on sale Friday morning for anyone interested

We Are Scientists............With Love And Squalon

Over the past few years their have been some great guitar bands coming through. We Are Scientists have one of the best debuts, a cracking album strongly recommended.

New Order play Academy Glasgow on October the 18th.

Tickets go on sale Friday morning for anyone interested

*cough*splutter* Feckin' magic!!!! Right on for that one. Cheers, Ian.

Walking On The Moon - The Police. Sometimes forget how good a song that is and what a great band they were.

Regatta De Blanc was the first Police album I bought. Got the new Delux Cd. Great band. Walking On The Moon up loud and in your face can not be beaten. Drums Bass guitar topped of with Stings vocals. Class !

Anyone heard the new Chillies Cd.

What it like ?

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

Listening to that album right now. Absolutely brilliant album. Regatta de Blanc itself is fantastic, Bring On the Night, The Bed's Too Big Without You and, of course, Message In A Bottle.

It's sad that they seem to have been consigned to the archives of musical history and no one really talks about them in the same way as they would the likes of other great and influential bands.

They did some dodgy stuff, of course, but by and large they have a fantastic back catalogue. They came, they saw, they conquered, they ruled, they beat each other up, they fúcked off at their peak. Short and delicious.

In interviews Sting has said that the Police never broke up. They just decided to take time out for a long break. Leaving the potential for a reunion one day However many years have past which makes it more unlikely for a reunion.

Tickets for New Order.....

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/735746

Or Phone Friday 9am 0870 169 1000

I will be in Brazil in these dates. But hey Brazil sounds just as good as seeing New Order to me. So you boys will need to tell me just how good the gig was.

I have got tickets for the Kooks which i'm looking forward to

In interviews Sting has said that the Police never broke up. They just decided to take time out for a long break. Leaving the potential for a reunion one day However many years have past which makes it more unlikely for a reunion.

Tickets for New Order.....

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/735746

Or Phone Friday 9am 0870 169 1000

I will be in Brazil in these dates. But hey Brazil sounds just as good as seeing New Order to me. So you boys will need to tell me just how good the gig was.

I have got tickets for the Kooks which i'm looking forward to

I’d love to see The Police as I never got to see them the first time round. Sting and Stewart Copeland were always at each others throats but always respected the others musical abilities. It’s overlooked that Sting was a more than able bass player. Stewart Copeland, though, was (and probably still is) an incredible drummer. The rattles, taps, fills & rim-shots (ooer missus!) he used to come out with had to be heard to be believed. Andy Summers was a very underrated guitarist as well. Thing is he’s about ten years older than the other two. Mibbe he’d be happier on the golf course. :blink:

New Order played one of the best and worst gigs I’ve ever been at. On the last tour when they played the Barras every song they played was a beauty and the atmosphere was incredible. Everyone was having a great time. Then they had a few words with each other and f**ked off. Just this sudden abrupt end after about an hour ‘cos they started arguing or couldn’t be bothered to play on. Was feckin’ ragin’.

Saw Pat Nevin coming out of the moshpit at that gig which was a bit bizarre to say the least. Defo be trying for a ticket for that one, though.

RUSH-FAREWELL TO KINGS

Bloody hell what kinda a day is this. First if was the first Police album bought now it's the first Rush album I bought and still have it to this day. I still have a turntable. My mate played me Xanadu and I thought. WHO THE FU-CK IS THAT. My introduction to Rush which i am very grateful for. Another class act.

Ok guys lets be honest here.

What is the first album you ever bought.

Get this and I'm not proud of it though my excuse was I was very very young........ New Seakers "Ever lasting love" how sad. Mind you their was no one to slap me round the lug. Shortly after that embarrassing record I bought records like. Blac foot Sue, Slade , T Rex ,Sweet before moving onto Deep Purple.Black Sabath, Led Zep Bad Co. Memories !

The 70's was something else for music. When you look how it progressed from 1970 throw to 1979. Has their really ever been another decade quite like it. Certainly not after the 70's. The 60's has to be recognised for the fact that new music was being introduced.

To say a particular album is the best in the 70's is a very hard thing to do however an album I still play on a regular basis is the Steve Miller Band..Book Of Dreams. Luv it'a

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

This is all very interesting, first time I have ever really looked at this thread.....

Anyway, I am listening to crayzeeeeeee 70s right wing rocker Ted Nugent!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin............

Pretty sure he's playing in glasgow in the next few weeks/month or so.

the first album i bought was

SUPERTRAMP - CRIME OF THE CENTURY

the record shop that used to be straight across from

the paisley museum, many moons ago.

don't remember the name of the shop.

The shop your talking about was called "Listen" and a very cool record shop it was.

CRIME OF THE CENTURY...Love the piano on the track School