I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

The shop your talking about was called "Listen" and a very cool record shop it was.

CRIME OF THE CENTURY...Love the piano on the track School

How can anyone mention 'Listen' and then babble on about liking S*p*rtr*mp..........................?

'Does not compute'.......................

The 70's was something else for music. When you look how it progressed from 1970 throw to 1979. Has their really ever been another decade quite like it. Certainly not after the 70's. The 60's has to be recognised for the fact that new music was being introduced.

To say a particular album is the best in the 70's is a very hard thing to do however an album I still play on a regular basis is the Steve Miller Band..Book Of Dreams. Luv it'a

Pish, everyone knows that 'The Clash' is the greatest album of all time.................

Pish, everyone knows that 'The Clash' is the greatest album of all time.................

It certainly is if you forget about a shitload of other ones that are better than it.

:(

Howard is lurking. Hippy pish next up.

Yep, too true. Still listening to The Police but the Fun Lovin' Criminals are up next. Peace, maaaaan, let's have a spliff. :rolleyes:

New Order played one of the best and worst gigs I’ve ever been at. On the last tour when they played the Barras every song they played was a beauty and the atmosphere was incredible. Everyone was having a great time. Then they had a few words with each other and f**ked off. Just this sudden abrupt end after about an hour ‘cos they started arguing or couldn’t be bothered to play on. Was feckin’ ragin’.

Saw Pat Nevin coming out of the moshpit at that gig which was a bit bizarre to say the least. Defo be trying for a ticket for that one, though.

Was less than impressed that night myself Howard. :angry:

Never thought I'd ever see the words Pat Nevin and moshpit in the same sentence....... :blink:

Aye, it was, But StereoONE - that store was like a treasure trove for me :headbang

Does that ABBO group cover any Midnight Oil songs? :wink:

Your right , I done the dj thing and spent loads of dosh in there. Gordon could always find the not so easy stuff on the market and gave me quite a few whilte label promotional records. I was always very grateful for as many I played months before becoming hits. Also got quite a few back stage passes from Gordon for smaller gigs in Glasgow. It is a shame what happens to Stereo One for Gordon was passionate about music. an ex dj himself..

Still Listen was a very good shop leaning more to rock than pop........

It certainly is if you forget about a shitload of other ones that are better than it.

Yep, too true. Still listening to The Police but the Fun Lovin' Criminals are up next. Peace, maaaaan, let's have a spliff. :rolleyes:

I have a few clash album and a good band they are but the best ever. Simply put. NO f**kIN CHANCE

Ach suppose it takes all kinds of pour souls to make up the world.

Fun Lovin Criminals good taste again Greig.

First time I seen them was in Irvine. They were great however I never seen so many young people completely out of their tits as I did at that gig , and I take in a lot of gigs up and down the country. Must be a very big drug problem down there

I was at that gig as well, Ian. I didn’t mean to be, mind you; I used to play fives down at the Magnum and turned up with my gear as per usual that night. :blink:

Dey’re ain’t no’ sacca t’nite, murrafugga. :lol:

Oh aye, and Stereo 1 is responsible for a lot of the albums that kick started my now extensive album collection. The guy Gordon, did he not work in the Record Factory as well? If so then yes, I remember him and his attitude towards music. Mind you, there were a few guys like that in that shop.

Ah, the memories. :rolleyes:

What '60's group had a Top Ten hit in '69 with a song based around a Segovia toon?

Probably Peter Green and Fleetwood Mac....he was partial to a bit of accoustic twanging.Either that or those pretentious Musos the Moody Blues.

Greig will know....he knows everything.... :rolleyes: