Top 5 Scottish Hills

chingford

THIS THREAD WILL BE STRICTLY FOR ANORAKS... in more ways than one.

I've noticed on other threads that some of ye go up hills. This is for you/us.

Not in any order. Mostly hills close to the sea.

Ben Loyal, Sutherland. Edge of the world feel about it. A good walk in and as many scrambles and rocky bits as you fancy pushing for.

Buachaille Etive Mor, Glen Coe. Always brilliant, the most land-locked of my 5, with mibbe a glimpse of sea-loch Etive. Best route is the easy adrenalin of Curved Ridge ending on top of Crowberry Tower, to stare over the Rannoch Moor.

Sgurr Mhic Coinnich, Skye. (Zoom into the fotie!) No matter if you approach via the Inn Pin and An Stac, up Kings Chimney or along the magical Collie's Ledge... the last few hundred feet are still 'fun': angled, steep, with slippery basalt in the wet and 1000 feet falls all around. Then unlike the other Cuillin tops, (even Sgurr nan Gillean) there's no easy way off! You have to get back down, keep concentrating and keep working. Just pure brilliant.

Sgurr na h Ulaidh, Glen Coe. A shy wee hill (the crappie link shows how shy...)amongst the bigger Glen Coe ones, but always pulls me in and knees me in the bollox. Harder than it appears. I've donated blood to it - twice! Maybe I respect more than like this one.

Liathach, Torridon. Entertaining, challenging, dozens of 'exciting' ways up - and simply beautiful.

There's no room on my list for Ben Nevis. I got NO VIEW from its summit till my 14th ascent. And it's too big and intricate to be contained on a list.

Go HERE - to read about the Ben and my 'best day on the Scottish Hills'.

Oh aye - and SEE the promised 'nudity'!

Only me... :rolleyes:

Edited by chingford

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Ben More Coiach - Wester Ross , you can walk the ridge right along the top or follow the old postmans track at the foot all the way round to Achiltibuie.

2. Cul Beg - For the outstanding views of Stac Polly and surrounding scenery , Cul More etc - on the road to Achiltibuie - Wester Ross.

3. Suilven - immense

4. The Cuilins - Skye - Chief of the Mcleods tried to sell them but it never happened - never climbed them but they sure look nice.

5. Arky hill ! :lol: - cause i used to cycle up it on my chopper when i was a nipper !! it was my Everest!! :lol:

Edited by ped

Is she in the Love Street Division ?  :blink:

189674[/snapback]

I went back to check, Bill.. and had a good laugh at the celebrity naked munro-baggers

PLUS

there was a link to an amazing Yankee site:

http://www.nakednews.com/

Todays news - the carnage in Iraq and Louisiana - all done in the buff - apparently!

I made an excuse and left... :rolleyes:

I went back to check, Bill.. and had a good laugh at the celebrity naked munro-baggers

PLUS

Todays news - the carnage in Iraq and Louisiana - all done in the buff - apparently!

189939[/snapback]

So did I :rolleyes::lol:

PLUS

189939[/snapback]

The reason I asked was that I recall a website put up by the said LSD, who had published pictures of themselves dressed in the usual fake Burberry etc, and they all had the same strange black sausage/Club Biscuit across the bridge of the nose as the lass with her jubblies oot on Goat Fell.