• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cor blimey, Rofsay mate.

Yeh, you 'ave.  Straight up, Guv.

I fink... :blink:

btw,  I would just like to add my own personal

"Thank you, Fergus". :)

After yesterday with NSS... who led me into drinking dens...

190448[/snapback]

Pubs are opened again Ching,get out there.

Lovely morning B)

After a hard day's schwallying in the Hampden airt yesterday I ended up drinking in Paddy's AND the Bull...

...WITH A WOMAN who is going to be married on a fast-approaching Saturday IN OCTOBER! :o

Coincidence?  I think NOT! :rolleyes:

Oh... and...

Thank you, Fergus. :)

190542[/snapback]

Spill the beans on what the Saints crowd reducing female was saying........... :lol:

Apparently her 'man' was out 'working'.

I found that hard to believe. :blink:

Whoever he is, why would he get married on a Fitba Saturday in October and not be out with her on a preceding Saturday night? :huh:

The mind boggles...

...it also is a wee bit hungover, so the chap in question can relax cos Ah cannae mind an awful lot about last night...

Apparently her 'man' was out 'working'.

I found that hard to believe. :blink:

Whoever he is, why would he get married on a Fitba Saturday in October and not be out with her on a preceding Saturday night? :huh:

The mind boggles...

...it also is a wee bit hungover, so the chap in question can relax cos Ah cannae mind an awful lot about last night...

190546[/snapback]

So ye canny mind if ye gave her wan :wink:

My party made another connection between hillwalking and nudity while we were marching around the glens of northern Arran.

One person (aye,OK then,it was me :ph34r: ) noted that when a small stream cuts vertically through a hillside,from summit to valley floor,it actually resembles shaved female genitalia. :huh:

Once this was noted,we spent the day looking out for other examples,and there was even a part of the glen that had three such streams adjacent to each other,so you were looking across to the opposite side of the valley to see three giant fannies looking back at you. :D

Now there's something to look out for the next time you're off on a ramble. :wink:

My party made another connection between hillwalking and nudity while we were marching around the glens of northern Arran.

One person (aye,OK then,it was me :ph34r: ) noted that when a small stream cuts vertically through a hillside,from summit to valley floor,it actually resembles shaved female genitalia.  :huh:

Once this was noted,we spent the day looking out for other examples,and there was even a part of the glen that had three such streams adjacent to each other,so you were looking across to the opposite side of the valley to see three giant fannies looking back at you. :D

Now there's something to look out for the next time you're off on a ramble. :wink:

190600[/snapback]

Jings, you must have been with some feckin rough women...... got any photies ?? :o

...so you were looking across to the opposite side of the valley to see three giant fannies looking back at you.

190600[/snapback]

There were probably folk on the opposite hills looking across, seeing you and yer pals and thinking something similar...

Is the top of the torridon image below showing us an example - of your warped mind? :P

post-763-1125911170_thumb.jpg

Edited by chingford

Is the top of the torridon image below showing us an example

190625[/snapback]

That's the general idea,although it's certainly not a textbook example.

I've edited the picture to indicate the relevant part,although in this case the stream is a bit too crooked,and the surrounding topography doesn't really give the correct triangluar fanny-like profile.

If there's room on the web for the famous MenWhoLookLikeKennyRogers.com website,then surely there's scope for a Hillsthatlooklikefannnies.com project? :ph34r:

post-541-1125938523_thumb.jpg

Guest AC Doyle
Ma Granny used to go on about Ben Thehoose.

Never found out where it was :rolleyes:

189553[/snapback]

Was saying to AC Doyle jnr (hasn't quite the same ring to it)...."take yer plate ben the kitchen" and thought where the f"k does "ben" come from and what does it actually mean........any fannies like Bill Lees know? :P

any fannies like Bill Lees know?  :P

191315[/snapback]

You talkin to me? :angry:

Probably. :)

Aye. I do know.

As used in Scots, 'ben' signifies

'in or toward the inner or better, or (vaguely)

another, apartment'

It used to be the goood room behind the kitchen or where the coos were kept...

From Middle English binne or

Old English binnan - both meaning 'within'.

To go on

and on

This might be where the Scots hills Binnein Beag and Binnein Mor got their names, tucked within the back of another more easily seen hills in Lochaber....

...to bring it back on topic!