We've Signed Sutton & Adam

Guest Captain Sensible

Try searching soccerbase.com

189834[/snapback]

You should have taken that £100 bet tom.

Two very good signings creating competition for places.

St Mirren have shown ambition for the 1st division this season, very few would

bet against the buddies now.

Buddy, I remember a certain player who came from a diddy club who became a Saints legend.  Step forward Mark Yardley who came from Cowdenbeath and many thought he could not do a job at 1st div level.  Stay true to the belief that the club are going forward and we should judge the new guys once they settle in.  If JS does the job I want you to come on this forum and eat humble pie and if he does not then I will be the first to admit you were right.

189777[/snapback]

Ned, could not agree more, as for buddygreat? ( more like buddymoan ) same old pish! :wink:

First chance have had to post .........

My phone went mental yesterday when this got announced but the good news was it wasnt only Mr.Clueless filling me in with tremendous news of the signings but also Scumdee and Fake Saints fans cursing like feck and as good as congratulating me on the 2 signings that will win us the league and a cpl of **** fans going mental coz we have signed their best prospect on loan !!!

All in all........

YA FCKIN WEE BEAUTY !!!!

:D:D:D:P:P:lol::lol::lol:B)B)B)

Bring on the title party and well done GM, AM, SG and SMFC for these 2 signings !!!

Another important point about these signings is that other than Hamilton, no other 1st Division club made any signings yesterday!

189944[/snapback]

Gus has already said that the deadline means feck all to 1st division clubs because most of our signings are free agents and the 2 wild cards.

Edited by davidg

Another important point about these signings is that other than Hamilton, no other 1st Division club made any signings yesterday!

189944[/snapback]

Stranraer signed Dene Shields from Gretna and Colin Marshall from Airdrie United.

A great time to be a buddie, surely the best squad in the league!!!

Mt prayers have been answered,

"we need a good forward player, a big guy who can score goals on the deck as well" - DARA!! JOHN SUTTON!!

"We could do with a creative midfielder, a bit like ricky 7 or 8 years ago, someone to attack and feed the telling balls..." -

DARA!! CHARLIE ADAM!!

How the hell did you do it gus, you read my bloody mind!!

:clapping:clapping:clapping:clapping:clapping

Guest AC Doyle

Top night on Wednesday.....good result away from home and a possible cup in the bag. Plus the signing of two players in the positions they are needed. I was gaining genuine confidence in our chances of winning the league, now we have the squad to deliver immediate bragging rights.

What a great time to be a Buddie after the last few seasons. A new stadium, debt free, a sane and capable management team, a decent squad capable of getting us to the SPL and keeping us there. Its enough to make the boo boys cry - where's that c"nt lawfud.... :lol::lol::lol:

Cant wait to see sutton play still cant beleve we have him feckin brilliant mon the saints.

190108[/snapback]

no offence meant gav, but i think MacPherson will have to manage expectations with Sutton a wee bit, yup he's the guy we were crying out for, but until he's 100% up to speed and fully match fit, we've gotta get behind Keano and the Roadrunner as a partnership, all the midweek cup games possibly means that Sutton gets more first team gametime more quickly and okay that might frustrate some, it'll pay off when we're up against dundee and the perth fermers again..

no offence meant gav, but i think MacPherson will have to manage expectations with Sutton a wee bit, yup he's the guy we were crying out for, but until he's 100% up to speed and fully match fit, we've gotta get behind Keano and the Roadrunner as a partnership, all the midweek cup games possibly means that Sutton gets more first team gametime more quickly and okay that might frustrate some, it'll pay off when we're up against dundee and the perth fermers again..

190118[/snapback]

agreed,am talking about when sutton is a fit player he will score goals and if roadrunner scores goals well itss healthy comp for places, good times ahead chico,should stick by sutton for as long as it takes coz he will score goals in this division. :D

It occured to me last night, does the signing of Adam, if he really is that good, not smell a wee bit of a 'first refusal' deal on Kirk Broadfoot?  :(

190226[/snapback]

Yes well for a rangers player who was on the bench for most games so far this season it does seem strange he was aloud to come here, especialy when livi and falkirk were knocked back for two unknown rangers youth players.

It occured to me last night, does the signing of Adam, if he really is that good, not smell a wee bit of a 'first refusal' deal on Kirk Broadfoot?  :(

190226[/snapback]

Doesn't matter anyway . We are going to lose Kirky in the not-too-distant future , and if Adam helps us win the league then Kirk goes to Ibrox for a decent sum of money then so be it! :)

190226[/snapback]

Reading too much into it I think, although Adam is highly rated he's probably still not that close to the first team, given the OF's preference to play foreign numpties ahead of any homegrown talent. It's better for him, them (and indeed us) that he's playing at a decent level than warming the bench or in their reserve league.

It might be inevitable that KB will leave, and there's every chance he'll end up with the blue bigots if and when he does. Our concern at that point must be that we get suitable compensation for him. ie nothing short of £5 million :P